Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetleillumination
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Improve your driving safety with the performance of modern headlights with the soul of a classic car.

Last edited by Beetleillumination on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

This belongs in the classified.
IMO they look like ..... well they just look wrong.
Merry Christmas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Photoshopped pictures? I gotta say, those headlights look awful.
1964 Chop Top
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

I'd much rather put LED replacement bulbs in Hella housings. No way of hiding those projector bulbs and they just look wrong in classic housings on a vintage looking car.

brad
bugheadred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

so you can be another over bright un adj. head light ass
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

bugheadred wrote:

While I don’t care for the look either, I have NO PROBLEM installing a lighting system that is WAY brighter than a sealed beam Halogen/H4 bulb. If DOT’s aren’t doing anything about the modern LED lights in new cars that blind everyone, I have the same right to see a deer crossing in front of me as any yuppie driving their new Porsche/Audi/Mercedes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugheadred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
bugheadred wrote:

While I don’t care for the look either, I have NO PROBLEM installing a lighting system that is WAY brighter than a sealed beam Halogen/H4 bulb. If DOT’s aren’t doing anything about the modern LED lights in new cars that blind everyone, I have the same right to see a deer crossing in front of me as any yuppie driving their new Porsche/Audi/Mercedes.

you don't need them overly bright lights to see a deer and dot should fix this
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

bugheadred wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
bugheadred wrote:

you don't need them overly bright lights to see a deer and dot should fix this

Sorry, the farther I can see down the road, the better. Aircooled VW’s with H4’s are marginal at best compaired to a 2020 LED system from ANY of the major car manufacturers.

DOT’s “should” but they don’t. Why should someone else be able to drive with brighter headlights to see better, without ANY repercussions, and I can’t?
bugheadred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

do what you want but that don't make it right (I have been driving one beetle or another for 30 + years and have never hit a deer because I couldn't see it
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

I couldn't see 100 yards down the road with the factory supplied candles that Chevy called headlights in my '18 Colorado. After fighting with the dealer about out driving the lights at 90kph, I gave up, spent a few bucks and replaced everything with LEDs. I hope I'm not THAT GUY but, I live in deer country and everyone in my family has hit one at night but me.

brad
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Pretty much all the headlights of all the cars nowadays blind me. The worst are those Cadillac SUV's. Even the tail lights are blinding. I don't know how they get away with it.

I installed some Hella H4 with an off the shelf LED. I see much better now. If anyone complains just point at the other cars. I'm sure everyone notices the same thing.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

I never really noticed it until the recent daylight savings time change. Haven't driven the bug at night in several years prior to lately. I have been driving a big 2015 Ram mega cab since it was new so I guess I'm high enough it doesn't bother me. In the bug, they all blind me. In the truck, I feel bad sometimes. Even at a stoplight my blinkers light up the entire interior of most cars. So bright. It has the projector headlights too.
Bulli1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Hi, I just tested Bi-Led Headlight made by Car Bone for Porsche 911 in my friend's '63 Beetle an they fits perfectly, just plug & play.
They are more effective in comparison to the OEM lights. The whole installation took us 15 minutes. They suits to his Cal-look style car.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bald01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Delta Lights in Ontario, CA, produces a sealed beam LED headlight that I used in my Olds and Chevelle. Looks just like the original, but gives you LED lighting.....I can see now

Check it out

https://www.deltalights.com/classic-7-inch-led-headlight-kit/p108
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bi-LED Headlights for BUG 46-66 Reply with quote

Hella makes a sealed beam replacement for VW lights. It has a space on the back where you can install any H4 compatible light bulb.

https://www.vwnos.com/1a6-002-395-991
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: