Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RHD Speedo cable sources?
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Typically the cable in your old bus or truck is readily available but with a RHD unit they are a bit longer. Mine is kinda tattered and I would like a new one. The factory part number for is 211 957 801F and shows in the parts list at 2577mm long.
Does any one have a source to get these made? I’ve looked for a while in the ads and never saw one for sale.

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
Typically the cable in your old bus or truck is readily available but with a RHD unit they are a bit longer. Mine is kinda tattered and I would like a new one. The factory part number for is 211 957 801F and shows in the parts list at 2577mm long.
Does any one have a source to get these made? I’ve looked for a while in the ads and never saw one for sale.

What year is the bus/truck?

EDIT: Meant to add that the part number might start with 214, and not 211.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

11/54’

wanted:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I used a later split rhd speedo cable in my bus until it broke. I use a gps speedo on my phone now

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

as I'm in the uk - home of the rhd - I thought I would see what was available here. I can find cables with the part number you give ( 214957801F ) but the length seems to be (when stated) 2330mm long.
but I found this from a dutch company I have used in the past
https://www.paruzzi.com/uk/volkswagen/electricity/dash-instruments/22696/

hope this is of some help

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

finster wrote:
as I'm in the uk - home of the rhd - I thought I would see what was available here. I can find cables with the part number you give ( 214957801F ) but the length seems to be (when stated) 2330mm long.
but I found this from a dutch company I have used in the past
https://www.paruzzi.com/uk/volkswagen/electricity/dash-instruments/22696/

hope this is of some help

I took that part number and stated length right from a factory parts list. This is of great help and much appreciated. I’ll order one and see if it does the trick. Cheers!!

wanted:
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

For my curiosity, does the RHD bus use the Right Side spindle/hub for driving the speedo cable?
Blue barny ute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

The RHD bus uses the left spindle hub to drive the speedo cable I use a bay window RHD speedo cable in mine it works but is too long
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Blue barny ute wrote:
The RHD bus uses the left spindle hub to drive the speedo cable I use a bay window RHD speedo cable in mine it works but is too long

Appreciate the response...I wondered about the bay window cable. I ordered the one from the link and will report back once it’s in the truck.

wanted:
Blue barny ute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

No worries I’ve had mine in for three and a bit years driving with no issues
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Is there anyone that has a nose of a RHD pre 55’ bus accessible to show where the cable routes through the lower valance? My floor has had some metal replaced and the lower nose already replaced and it been apart for some years. We just need a hole location. Any help is greatly appreciated.

wanted:
ian67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Can I ask if the cable you ordered was ok, and if you managed to source a RHD clutch cable ..I have a 52 rhd that I'm rebuilding thanks
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Still not installed hence me looking for the location hole where it comes through floor...

wanted:
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: RHD Speedo cable sources? Reply with quote

Cable installed and fits

wanted:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: