Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

Wanted to change the fuel soft lines but they are very hard to reach (impossible actually...) so wondering if this is correct?

In the fromt it runs over the steering rack and no way to reach it to remove, renew or clamp?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

At the rear is as well a pain to get to?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What is the way to replace these softlines without dismantling what is in the way?

Thanks!
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

No tips anyone on the best way to approach this? dropping the steeringrack to get some access seems bit overkill to change a softline?

Thanks!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

those look like the original factory lines, Peter, Porsche probably put them in that way, so if you cut them out of the way then use new non intrusive hose clamps and turn the fastening screw downwards you should be able to reclamp the new 7mm id cloth covered fuel lines
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

Thanks! issue i see it that i can not reach in that super narrow space to first remove the old line, let alone attempt to slide over the new line before even considering being able to tighten a clamp?
strange non maintenance friendly set-up in my opinion Shocked !
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

you could also unscrew the fitting from the fuel tank for more access, Peter. By the way, my wife is from Menen
skyboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 912 Fuel lines... routed correctly? If so... how to change? Reply with quote

Just saw this, replaced my fuel lines over the summer, wasn't easy but not impossible. These make it so much more easier. With the pliers I could reach up over the rack grab the fuel line and pull it off. I then used the pliers to feed the new line. Took about an hour for the front and and 30 mins for the one in the back.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-long-reach-hose-grip-pliers-37909.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: