Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Field find 67 beetle
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
foamermetal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Fabricated an English wheel to work out some used fenders. Have been gathering parts for a while. Its small but I have limited space. Works out great as I can take it with me if needed.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
foamermetal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Majority of the structure was an abandoned leg press machine from a gym. Always be on the lookout for bent steel. My neighbor pitched a dropped receiver hitch to the curb also.

foamermetal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Been hanging on to this unused pintle hook ring for 30 years from my Air force days. Made a nice adjustment wheel.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

thats cool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Ya I like the creative use of the trailer hitch. Now I want one
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

That's bad ass. No doubt some schmuck will tell you your time would be better spent with some Harbor Freight crap instead of spending it building something.

Good for you thinking your way into something cool. My favorite part of the story was the final use for something from 30 years ago! Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
That's bad ass. No doubt some schmuck will tell you your time would be better spent with some Harbor Freight crap instead of spending it building something.

Good for you thinking your way into something cool. My favorite part of the story was the final use for something from 30 years ago! Nice.
+1
I applauder you initiative and creativity. Applause
Bonus points for reusing and recycling resources.

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

I just have to ask. What does this have to do with a 67 bug? Smile
foamermetal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

Used it smooth out the dents in this fender and formed the tip of the hood out of some scrap sheet steel. From the photo you can see it was really rotten.

Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Field find 67 beetle Reply with quote

I'm making one now!! Its settled. Done. Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: