Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
bozemanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square Reply with quote

I recently purchased a project Vanagon (85) and the previous owner had began a round to square conversion unlike the common square to round. I have the grille and headlights, but have been looking for help with wiring and best ways to go about the conversion. Looking for possible visuals or wiring tips from going from the original 3 prong wiring. Thoughts?
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square Reply with quote

I guess we're not sure what you are asking exactly. but I'll bump this thread to see if we can get more help
if your van has the square headlight harness & bulb plugs you can cut/splice in new round headlight bulb plugs or you can use a plug 'conversion' adapter to go to the style of the round lights.
something like this pic below maybe?

bozemanagon wrote:
I recently purchased a project Vanagon (85) and the previous owner had began a round to square conversion unlike the common square to round. I have the grille and headlights, but have been looking for help with wiring and best ways to go about the conversion. Looking for possible visuals or wiring tips from going from the original 3 prong wiring. Thoughts?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LemonCove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square Reply with quote

You can get great rectangular headlights. The Bus Depot kit is the easiest plug and play option.

Since it's a project van, I'd upgrade to the rectangular Hella E Codes, a more affordable option that'll use more of your existing parts.

This thread gives specifics. Look at the entire thread to take advantage of improvements offerred by paulbeard and djkeev.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=583876&sid=a78c1d923eba7f76510d2d3f034b3648

You'll need sockets that fit the ECode bulbs . . . source those from Jay Brown (thatvwbusguy)[/url]
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283731095211
a914622
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Square vs. Round, Stuck with the Square Reply with quote

I have to say the standard ecode lights have a great down road light output. From my experience better than the “vanagon” ecode lights.

And now there are a few options for led light as well. I have Bosch lenses and led h4 bulbs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: