Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwcru - [email protected] - Don
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwcru
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Email me the details with a link to the ad, when you bought it, and so on and I will email him too.
I have never heard of any instance where people lost money but they have definitely had trouble with emails responses and slow shipping.
He has a warning at the start of his thread regarding some common issues.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ol Vocho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Purchased a set of Camper Windows, rec'd as described and shipped timely, thanks Don!

Rob
www.vochowerks.com

Vocho Werks

Metal Shaping by "Dr. Decklid"

Vocho Werks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Vochowerks/

www.vochowerks.com

"It's great to be a big success, but we expect it will only last a couple of years and then we'll have to get real jobs", The Beatles, circa 1964

'64 Westy SO 33
'67 DD Panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtompson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Having trouble contacting the seller (Don).

I paid the seller $150 via paypal as a gift (as they requested) for the item:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2236564

Payment was sent 10/10/2021 and I sent an email to Don confirming that it was paid for within the hour.

I then asked when the item will be shipped on 10/16/2021 and got a reply on 10/16: "Monday" (nothing else in the email). This was the last time I heard from Don.

I then reached out on 10/20, 10/21 and 10/26 asking for confirmation / updates.

16 days with no shipping (following payment) and 10 days with no response at all from the seller is worrisome. At this point I'm slightly concerned that the item will never be shipped and I've been scammed out of $150.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

to jtompson: CANT YOU READ???????? this has been stated over and over and over again here on the Forums...........this guy is a very SLOW sender of merchandise paid for. Want it quicker, buy somewhere else!
jtompson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Thanks for the constructive feedback wheel607. The all caps and 8 question marks in particular are super helpful. Thanks for your message!!!!!!!!

The purpose of my post is that I am continuing to document poor seller behavior. No, I did not find this thread before ordering from this seller. If I had then of course I wouldn't have purchased anything from him as you so astutely pointed out.

With that said, I'm not sure this thread's existance is a reasonable excuse for the seller to continue ignoring customer emails. Just because he is known by those lucky enough to come across this thread as a "very SLOW sender" doesn't really excuse taking someone's money, taking 16 days to send the item (and counting) while ignoring all attempts at contact for 10 days.

Honestly, I'd be fine with: "hey, I got your email and I'm not able to ship the item for a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience". But hearing nothing at all after 3 email attempts over a week is not acceptable.

I propose the admins require that classifieds posts from the seller's account have a link to this thread (so it's more easily discoverable), or he works to improve customer communication.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Feedback links are in all the ads here
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2235730

lower left under advertisers information
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtompson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

That's legitimately useful. Thank you @60ragtop. I didn't know that link existed and will for sure check them from now on Smile
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Yep saved me a lot grief over the years with not so stellar sellers here.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommdogg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Bought bay window nose emblem.
Paid by money order. Mailed 11/6/21
Received emblem 11/11/21
Emblem came as advertised.
Will definitely buy from Don again.
Thank You
Thomas…
Fast Eddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Recently purchase a bus headlight from this seller. Part was well packed and shipped promptly. highly recommend.
OldeVolksHome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I bought a wiper arm from Don for my 66 Type II. He responded to email questions right away and posted and additional picture when requested. Quick shipping, tracking info included. Excellent transaction! Thanks!
Brent
IBABUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Well, 2 weeks and counting since I bought the license plate bracket for my oval. Keeps saying (when he finally responds), TOMORROW.
I hope tomorrow finally comes for him, as winter is coming and all good bugs will be garaged for the season. Rolling Eyes
IBABUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I finally received the part I ordered from Don. Next time I will surely check feedback before ordering. At least I will know what I'm in for.

Still, having people post feedback about a seller's habits doesn't excuse bad practices. Saying what you believe will appease a buyer just to get them off your back is not a good way to be know in theSamba community.

PS. The part was very nice!
ishman28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Poor Communication skills, he is quick to respond when you want to send him money, i ordered two heat risers last week, have not heard from him, don't know any status of my items, guarantee i never deal with guy again and will be filing a complaint with paypal.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

ishman28 wrote:
Poor Communication skills, he is quick to respond when you want to send him money, i ordered two heat risers last week, have not heard from him, don't know any status of my items, guarantee i never deal with guy again and will be filing a complaint with paypal.

I spent a few days taking pics for him on an item he said he'd buy only to have him ghost me.
i wont be buying or selling him anything as no one likes a time waster.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

bought a hood crest for a 62 bug, was accurately described and received quickly. Thanks Don
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I already knew he’d take his time with shipping, but I was in no hurry. Don supplied me with additional pictures on request and I’d read that, although not the fastest shipper, he was a stand up guy, so I knew what to expect when I bought the VW accessory tissue dispenser. He promised it was perfect, and it was. It’s beautiful.
Sure, it took a while to get it, but, like I said, I knew this beforehand.
Thanks Don.
J Flare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I purchased a tent panel from Don and all went smooth. He answered my questions in a timely manner and shipped immediately. Stay in contact with a shipping number until I received the panel.

Would not hesitate to do business with him again.
Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

I purchased a pair of 1970 Bug Rear Bumper Reflectors on 7DEC, today is the 22nd (15 days), I am still waiting for them to show up. I know he was slow to ship, but good grief.

Update: Received an email reply from Don on 22DEC, says they will ship on Tuesday (26DEC).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: vwcru - [email protected] - Don Reply with quote

Received the reflectors and i am very happy with them. I would not hessitate purchasing again from Don.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: