Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mc lovin it , early 1964 bug project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

I’ll trade you 2 30 roll packs of Scott’s for the pan & title. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

.please pledge . as low as single square of toilet paper accepted . thank you so much in advance . your my last chance . your all I got

Last edited by bad91teg on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Exclamation

Last edited by bad91teg on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

So... is this a joke or are you being serious?

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

was a joke to lighten the mood .tough crowd .(cricket noises ). Speak to the hand
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

wanted to timestamp my build thread with the coronavirus lol . years from now I can look back at this ,and remember the toilet paper .paper towel crisis of 2020 .
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

bad91teg wrote:
was a joke to lighten the mood .tough crowd .(cricket noises ). Speak to the hand

Laughing Just making sure. (My offer still stands though.)

Remember, even though people aren't commenting, doesn't mean that they aren't looking forward to updates. When it looks like you know what you're doing, the tend to sit back & watch & will occasionally respond when you do something cool (or really stupid). Laughing

THe community usually gets really involved when someone new or inexperienced starts a build & needs guidance.

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

There is a reason why we like pictures.
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Remember, even though people aren't commenting, doesn't mean that they aren't looking forward to updates. When it looks like you know what you're doing, the tend to sit back & watch & will occasionally respond when you do something cool (or really stupid). Laughing

THe community usually gets really involved when someone new or inexperienced starts a build & needs guidance.

Sure doesn't seem folks help those in need. I am completely new to Beetles and have asked for numerous times and been ignored. Only recently gotten help and still have unanswered questions. However, now got me thinking I come off as an expert?

bad91teg what really helped me recognizing folks are looking at the build is check how many views. Bet you will be surprised how many come in one day. Keeps me motivated to update. Let's see, for the record, 3,110 views so far.

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
There is a reason why we like pictures.
too bad ! you aint getting any Popcorn
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

lol guys im stuck at home ,im bored . lol kinda like drunk texting .. I was gonna ask what are you a bunch of Instagram nerds ,facebookers ,tweetinonyour twitters ? ya know just to see whos out there with responses . stay at home order is crazy . but really back to business after this .. my goal for this thread is to document my build with pictures everystep of the way . that will also provide refrence pics for others that could need them in the future . less talk more pics ,I know .
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

TDCTDI and Adriel . thanks a million .both helped my build from the beginning .
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Adriel Rowley wrote:

Sure doesn't seem folks help those in need. I am completely new to Beetles and have asked for numerous times and been ignored. Only recently gotten help and still have unanswered questions. However, now got me thinking I come off as an expert?

I didn't say "expert". Looking through your list of topics started, most of them got a response. However, there's a difference between asking questions in your thread & inundating the forum with a shit ton of threads asking different questions that you could find the answers to with a bit of searching.

Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:

I didn't say "expert". Looking through your list of topics started, most of them got a response. However, there's a difference between asking questions in your thread & inundating the forum with a shit ton of threads asking different questions that you could find the answers to with a bit of searching.

Trouble is sometimes searching doesn't bring the results and sometimes the question is specific (ex. regarding the condition of the spark plugs). Only posted a few separate thinking the build thread had died (did ask if was and asked if should post separate) and thankfully someone made me aware of the situation, so moved them back into the build thread; did try deleting though not allowed.

And note you said most of. If we look through the build thread, these questions have not been answered:
Regarding the age stains on the headliner.
Uneven binding of the drums as turn on the axle.
Confirming my spark plug reading.
And nothing really said about getting her started, sent me into a depression.

If someone is experienced, are they not an expert? And note did mention that I am not experienced with Beetles, though am I correct that come off experienced? If so, might be because have a friend who was a Volkswagen mechanic who occasionally has time to reply to a question (very busy with restorations plus a workaholic like me).

Now onto the more important. Razz

bad91teg wrote:
lol guys im stuck at home ,im bored . lol kinda like drunk texting .. I was gonna ask what are you a bunch of Instagram nerds ,facebookers ,tweetinonyour twitters ? ya know just to see whos out there with responses . stay at home order is crazy . but really back to business after this .. my goal for this thread is to document my build with pictures everystep of the way . that will also provide refrence pics for others that could need them in the future . less talk more pics ,I know .

Will pass along something Oma said long past when tired of hearing it: intelligent people don't get bored as think of something to occupy them. She then suggest reading an encyclopedia otherwise find me something to do. Wink To apply it to now, look for something been putting off (for me be tiding the work area or finding parts) or go look up an answer to a question.

bad91teg wrote:
TDCTDI and Adriel . thanks a million .both helped my build from the beginning .

No problem, trying to pay it forward. Looking forward to more progress, even if no pictures (quit reading picture books a long time ago Razz ). Popcorn

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Adriel Rowley wrote:
If someone is experienced, are they not an expert?

No sir, not by any stretch of the imagination. Laughing

Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
If someone is experienced, are they not an expert?

No sir, not by any stretch of the imagination. Laughing

So then what is an expert?

On a lighter note, what is the definition of is, is? Razz Laughing (And if don't get it, being slightly ornery about this seeming semantics...)

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

this next project I have been putting off . was not looking forward to it . INSTALLING AND BENDING BRAKE LINES . I have zero experience bending brake lines . and never even installed one . on top of that was worried about kinking a line . with everyone shut down from the coronavirus there would be no reordering parts . anyways put my nose down and went to work . and im glad I got most of the brake system done . here is the front ...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

and then here is what I got done on the rear .

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

I hope everthing is correct so far . I did a lot of research and still didn't feel confident starting this portion of the build . and was unsure if brake fluid reservoir should be spun ? or is this best when reaching under to add fluid ?
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Looks like did fine bending the lines. Glad to have helped motivate.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 21

Jump to: