Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
L8ndeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood Reply with quote

Hello All,

I'm putting together my fiberglass buggy Manx wannbe, using the "B.F. Meyers & Company instruction guide. When assembling the hood, dash, and dashframe, it calls for a "aluminum angle trim strip" that fits between the dash and the hood.
One side of the angle strip looks to be flat, like a typical piece of angle iron, while the other side looks like it might be finished, slightly curved, not flat like a typical 90* angle iron.
My question is, does anybody know where I can get about 5' of this stuff? I'm sure I can use typical aluminum angle iron, but I'm thinking the kind with one side slightly curved would look better.

TIA
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood Reply with quote

Maybe try a home improvement store. End caps for stair treads or other king of edge molding might have the shape you need.

brad
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood Reply with quote

That aluminum L angle was not part of the dash frame. It was used on fairly early Manxes on top of the hood to retain the flat rubber seal which fit between the top of the hood and the windshield frame.

It was superseded on later Manxes by the H cross section rubber gasket which fits between the hood and windshield frame

If you use the H gasket, you don't need the L

vanderjw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood Reply with quote

ACME probably has the rubber strip. I got one from them when I bought the windshield for my Nostalgia body. It may have been part of the windshield kit. I can't remember.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
L8ndeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Angle for Dashframe and Hood Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
That aluminum L angle was not part of the dash frame. It was used on fairly early Manxes on top of the hood to retain the flat rubber seal which fit between the top of the hood and the windshield frame.

It was superseded on later Manxes by the H cross section rubber gasket which fits between the hood and windshield frame

If you use the H gasket, you don't need the L

Thank you BL3 for the info.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: