Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone hear from Modok?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Seems he has not been on here for a while, hoping he is doing well.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Not signed in since Nov 19th. Not like him at all.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=204180

If anyone in Colorado knows him maybe they can make sure hes ok.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

He was on a different forum yesterday.

Probably found himself a lady friend and doesn't have as much time now..... Very Happy

Brian
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Glad to know he is ok, miss both his wit and his wisdom.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Oops. sorry
I'm...mostly ok.

Tried to reduce the amount of time I was "wasting" online.

Good news is I did manage to quit being "addicted" to forums.

They say it's not an addiction if you can quit at any time, right??

Bad news is....... I'm not really seeing any positive benefits from it. d'oh! Laughing

So, probably will be back.
Floating VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

They say the best way to rid yourself of temptation is to give in to it.

Sounds good to me!
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Ya!! nice guy all you did was think about yourself, what about our addition.?

No Modok, it was like us going cold turkey.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

If I didn't spend the time in front of the 'puter, I spend it in front of the TV, so what is the difference.

My Internet cost less then my cable.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
If I didn't spend the time in front of the 'puter, I spend it in front of the TV, so what is the difference.

Nailed it. And I don't even watch TV.
But yes, if I don't waste my life here I'm just wasting it somewhere else, and I don't see the grass being any greener, anywhere that I can be.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Welcome back Modok!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

modok wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

But yes, if I don't waste my life here I'm just wasting it somewhere else, and I don't see the grass being any greener, anywhere that I can be.
……………………….hi I got burned out of samba forums and took one year off .modok I all ways like reading your post .I limit my time on samba now. I try not to get into pissing contest with people . and .I lam into building my new bug ,. daisy bb guns old 1960 1970s bmx bikes . I just sold my mini bike drag bike. I took it to the drag strip it went so fast it scared the hell out of me 85 mph on a mini bike is nuts at my age lol lol have fun with life and live it if its your last day take care spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
303epps
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Glad you're back but most of all good to hear that you're okay!

Eric
58 Plastic Tub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

I was starting to worry. Welcome back.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, now can you port some heads for me ? 😎 just kidding.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

modok wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

i'm one of those "physically young(37) but mentally old (grumpy and want to yell at everyone to get off my lawn..) guys and if i've learned nothing else in my years it's that when you find something that brings you any kind of enjoyment, don't let other people take it away from you just because they don't understand it. it's your life, not theirs, and the ones that truly care about you, will support that. Anyone who wants to take away YOUR hobbies because THEY aren't interested, only wants you to be at their beck and call to build them up but won't reciprocate..

obviously, if you're smoking crack and people are trying to get you to stop it's cause they don't want you to die, but for me, my wife and kid know i need some computer time, and some model building time every so often to help keep me sane. Smile

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone hear from Modok? Reply with quote

It’s good to step away from time to time and life throws us curves, death, illnesses, divorce, job loss, etc, etc. After years of Samba you feel as though you know some of these unique personalities. Maybe that’s what keeps them coming back.

Most all of the regulars have something to offer even if it’s just support or a kind word. I think some of those fellows that ain’t coming back (died off) would want to see this train keep rolling Very Happy do it for them so that those just coming up can be helped. Share if you can 50 years from now someone will read this and find it helpful or amusing, who knows?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: