Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Product Quality/Seller Feedback/How to Assess and Improve Produc
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts Bug Parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Product Quality/Seller Feedback/How to Assess and Improve Produc Reply with quote

This topic has been on my mind for some time and while I may have ideas I do not think I really have the solutions and perhaps it is a futile effort, but why not try. While buyer and seller feedback strives to address this problem it leaves many things to be desired. As an example, I have little feedback despite selling for almost 20 years and others with some products and ads leave much to be desired have a mostly excellent feedback. Please note that a seller may well have many quality items.

The problem (my perspective) is two fold:

1) Advertisers posting deceptive, incomplete ads: First, I am not talking about the ads of people whos fall into this description because of a lack of knowledge. It is about well known sellers who know what they are doing. A few examples:
---Selling a semaphore part that was made with poor workmanship and does not perform a key function it was designed to do. The seller was given feedback directly and did provide the buyer a refund upon its return. The seller also increased the price of the part with no improvement in its deficiencies and the part was already a bit pricey for what it was.

---Selling complete reproduction parts with no mention of that fact.

---Sellers who have a completely worthless part and are selling it at a price as if it has value. Examples include semaphore lenses that are SEVERLY shrunk, warped and unusable or a rare semaphore that literally has almost $0 value for $300 or more.

I think the risks and challenges for buyers is even greater now that Split Parts Unlimited is out of business since it was a source of many good quality parts including reproductions.

I am not keen on relying mostly on the buyer beware premise so offer a couple of ideas:

1) Specific product reviews or assessments, preferably by experts. Large sellers could submit their product to one or two experts for assessment. This may be tough given there are thousands of restored and repro parts available.

2) Some means to use the current Buyer/Seller feedback but anonymously. This could include, after assessment by a moderator, direct feedback to the seller first for their input and/or proposed resolution. Next, might be publicly posted feedback.

Remember, the objectives are to:

--Help buyers being taken advantage of because they do not have the knowledge
--Improve products
--Improve seller accountability.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpartsunlimited
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Product Quality/Seller Feedback/How to Assess and Improve Produc Reply with quote

Matt , I AM BACK SINCE MARCH 19TH !!!!

1951 crotch cooler split
1971 1302 cabriolet
1981 Mercedes Benz 230 military "Gelandewagen"
2010 Mercedes Benz c200 kompressor touring
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: