Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2nd amendment sanctuary city.
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

The potential here for civil and well informed political discussion seems, shall we say... iffy. Laughing

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Some innocent person is gonna walk into a store with a AR on their back and someone else is gonna assume the wrong thing and pull their pistol and shoot. Someone else is gonna see the person shoot and pull their gun and shoot them.

I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.

Here's cute couple shopping.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Even "trained" personnel are shooting unarmed folks to death.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Some innocent person is gonna walk into a store with a AR on their back and someone else is gonna assume the wrong thing and pull their pistol and shoot. Someone else is gonna see the person shoot and pull their gun and shoot them.

That ain't an AR. Rolling Eyes (Okay, his is.) And it ain't an "assault rifle" either.

FWIW, Florida isn't an open carry state.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Glenn wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Even "trained" personnel are shooting unarmed folks to death.

Agreed.
TDCTDI wrote:
That ain't an AR. Rolling Eyes And it ain't an "assault rifle" either.

FWIW, Florida isn't an open carry state.

OK, it's a AK... what's the real difference?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....

I'm guessing they will say you can't bring them into some places.
Google search says this is true
Quote:
nor would it permit people to openly carry guns into private businesses that prohibit firearms

AZ is the same - If you don't allow it in your store or business, you have to put up a sign that says no guns allowed.

There are signs everywhere... of course

I've almost never seen anyone with a gun here, only a few cowboy-looking dudes, almost like it's part of their outfit.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

I'm guessing they will say you can't bring them into some places.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

How is open carrying an AK or AR any different than open carrying a semiautomatic pistol? Many double stack pistols are close to the same capacity & many have magazines available to equal that of a "high capacity" rifle. Those idiots were just trying to make a statement, although a legal one by the constitution. An AK is a heavy unwieldy bitch to go strolling through a grocery store with.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Nothing happened here when it became open carry. Previously they had concealed carry and those that do you cannot distinguish from those that are unarmed. I don’t know about you but if I were a bad guy I’d be more inclined to take out the tough guy brandishing his gun to get him out of the way and I’d be more worried about the concealed fellow who I cannot identify.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:

Airport is under Federal Regulation, banks too.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Nothing happened here when it became open carry. Previously they had concealed carry and those that do you cannot distinguish from those that are unarmed. I don’t know about you but if I were a bad guy I’d be more inclined to take the tough guy brandishing his gun to get him out of the way and I’d be more worried about the concealed fellow who I cannot identify.

Exactly.

Besides, someone with ill intent is more likely to try to conceal their actions until they're closer to their intended target.

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Exactly.

Besides, someone with ill intent is more likely to try to conceal their actions until they're closer to their intended target.

I fully understand you don't need a gun to inflict serious damage.

Link

I just don't think people need to carry weapons on them at all times.

Home defense is a different story.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Shopper thinks: "I'll give up my scrub brush when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Why not? Your link is a prime example of how someone with ill intent was able to inflict maximum, or far more damage & get away because the crowd had no ability to defend each other or themselves.

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your car? Do you take it out just because you don't think that you'll need it that day? You'd much rather have it & never use it than to need it & not have it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Why not? Your article is a prime example of how someone with ill intent was able to inflict maximum damage & get away because the crowd had no ability to defend each other or themselves.

At my synagogue we had to allocate $50,000 for security on Shabbat and Sunday morning for school. We simply can't afford to have hired security on Monday-Thursday during school hours or Friday night for services.

We discussed allowing congregants with a carry permits to bring them and decided not to. Didn't want to get the paid security not knowing who was armed.

We rather leave security to professionals.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

I guarantee you that those with permits are carrying anyway. A security officer is always going to think about their personal well being before looking out for you or your family.

A school, church, or any place where large groups of people congregate, that does not allow people to carry, is going to be a soft target.

bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

I hear your points. As a concealed carrier I get it.
But I think carrying out in the open like the Walmart couple is an invitation for trouble. Just like saying "I dare you....."

I'm afraid there are unintended consequences with open carry.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
I hear your points. As a concealed carrier I get it.
But I think carrying out in the open like the Walmart couple is an invitation for trouble. Just like saying "I dare you....."

I'm afraid there are unintended consequences with open carry.

Like walking into a police station in body armor while carrying? The police showed a very high level of restraint.

Just because you can does not mean you should...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Reply with quote

Open carry especially in public places is for cowboys and those wanting to be noticed. The person advertising they are armed is going to be taken out first. Concealed is the only way to go, you’ll remember just a couple of weeks ago armed church members took out a kook rather quickly but the kook still managed to kill and injure a few. What would it be like if the only person having a gun was the kook? Sad but what are we going to do?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: