Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

routing new fuel lines
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Im still trying to route my fuel lines and filter i know i have the best option above the transmission out of the engine bay but im trying to have better access running steel braided and AN fittings.Im waiting for my engine with dual carbs so im not sure where my fuel line connects as seen in my pics im running it into t he engine bay connecting to my filter im mainly concerned about the flow thru my lines if i need the lines set to a better gravity feed or if its ok to go up to my filter and across to the dual carb connection i believe most fuel lines attach to a T on the upper back side of the fan shroud?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1992072.jpg[/img

Last edited by calsurfnative on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Mine is set up a little different to yours but same idea. My fuel pump is mounted on the chassis rail next to the trans and I have the fuel pressure regulator mounted as shown in the photo above teeing off to each carb. All braided AN 6 line and AN fittings like yours.
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Thanks do i need a fuel pressure regulator ? this is on my 1965 bus im waiting for my motor with dual carbs in not sure where to run my lines?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

calsurfnative wrote:
Thanks do i need a fuel pressure regulator ? this is on my 1965 bus im waiting for my motor with dual carbs in not sure where to run my lines?

Well, I guess that depends on a few things. What fuel pump will you be running? What motor and carbs?

Whether you run a regulator or not, you can T and 'out' lines in a similar position to where I have my regulator. My lines run from the tank outlet to the fuel pump on the chassis leg and then across to the reg as you see it

I use a regulator because I run IDA's and they can be a bit sensitive to excessive fuel pressure
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

ok yea its a 1904 engine and not sure yet on which carbs he is going with,Regarding the fuel pump i assume its a regular manual pump,I guess i should wait until i get the turn key engine and go from there but im trying to get it set everything up prior.
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

calsurfnative wrote:
ok yea its a 1904 engine and not sure yet on which carbs he is going with,Regarding the fuel pump i assume its a regular manual pump,I guess i should wait until i get the turn key engine and go from there but im trying to get it set everything up prior.

Well, if ithe motors getting built by a pro then just take his advice on whether or not you should run an electric pump and/or regulator etc.
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Thanks for the input thats what my concern was is that i wasnt sure if gravity flow was significant enough or run a pump and regulator.This is new to me im going from a stock 1600 engine to a 1904 dual carb set up.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Definitely need a pump. Fuel pumps don't suck well. Try to keep it flowing down. I’d make your turn a bit tighter but thats just me. I used a regular 90 on mine. If you need to adapt the size do it on the level side. It will keep it tighter to the tank.
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Thanks Jason yea i order another 90 degree AN fitting i think i will go ahead and put a fuel pump on and a regulator with a gauge it wont hurt that way i dont have to worry about my fuel line going up and down ? also use the regulator for a T to go to the dual carbs.Thanks bro
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

My set up: AN-6 male tank fitting (bought off thesamba.com), 90 degree AN-6 female to AN-6 female connector, sprint car fuel filter AN-6 male on both ends, AN-6 braided stainless hose to electric fuel pump mounted to frame rail, AN-6 braided stainless hose to AN-6 bulkhead fitting through body, AN-6 braided stainless hose to regulator with pressure gauge, AN-6 braided stainless hose with 90 degree end on 3-4 side and 180 degree end on 1-2 side, AN-6 male fittings on Weber 42 DCNF Berg Specials.

calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

Thanks Daddybus thanks for the confirmation the sequence should be tank to Low pressure fuel pump to filter to Pressure regulator with gauge and dual outlets to the carbs does that sound about right ?
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: routing new fuel lines Reply with quote

CORRECTION you put the fuel filter ahead of everything first thing out of the tank?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: