Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap!
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

I view this site on my iPad 99% of the time.

Most often I use the Google browser app. Although I do use Apples Safari at times.

Just today we were seeking a solution for my Wife who needs to watch some work related training videos and NOTHING was able to play them!

Not Apple, not Android, not Google and not Microsoft.

I did some searching and stumbled onto a link speaking positively about the browser Puffin and it being able to support video..... in the paid version.

I had to pay $4.99 for the browser in the App Store not knowing if it would work or not ...... and I'm pleased to report it does support her video.

I thought, oh heck I installed it, I'm going to try some surfing with it Google has been so Slow lately.

Holy Crap!
It is fast! Like I bought a new computer fast!

At this early stage...... nothing but praise from me.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Might give this thing a shot, as I am currently experiencing the same difficulties with my normal browsers.

Also:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
I view this site on my iPad 99% of the time.

Most often I use the Google browser app. Although I do use Apples Safari at times.

Chrome works best on Android.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Using Brave browser on both computer and Android phone. Ads and trackers blocked = time saved. http sites upgraded to https safer browsing.
brave.com
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Mozilla Firefox

IMO, it just can't be beat.
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Mozilla Firefox

IMO, it just can't be beat.

+1 on that
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Anybody have a browser recommendation for iOS 9? I have an old iPad with a nice big screen that used to be good for surfing, but now it's a bit of an orphan since Apple doesn't support the latest iOS on it.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

soon, coming to a browser near you. Xpedeah for IT travel.
Copywritten by non other. Laughing

Dead serious use the idea and send me a check.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
Anybody have a browser recommendation for iOS 9? I have an old iPad with a nice big screen that used to be good for surfing, but now it's a bit of an orphan since Apple doesn't support the latest iOS on it.

The secondary market for these hardwares softwares is the next millions,
See above copywrite.
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Switched Browser to Puffin....... Holy Crap! Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:

there's this one called Dolphin Web Browser by MoboTap Inc.
The requirements for it on apple's website says it needs IOS 7 or later so it should work on your iPad.
I would approach this browser with caution though, I couldn't find a privacy policy so there's no knowing what there doing with your data.
I think this is a good reminder that the main advantage of using a mainstream browser like chrome or firefox is the support behind it, plus because a lot of people are using it more security audits/fixes are likely to be made to those browsers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: