Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All things uniWerks Design
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hey Brandon, I’d love to work out your idea into a design! Email me: chris@uniwerksdesign and we’ll get the ball rolling. Smile

www.uniwerksdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I would like to see a double DIN pod that mounts to the dash through the factory ashtray opening.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

He made this custom vent cover for me and I love it! I second the request for tweeter pods. Someone mentioned they have them on ebay, so I checked them out and am shocked at how expensive they are at $50-$70... more expensive than the tweeters.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
1972 Bug (Last year you could buy a new one for under $2,000)
1965/66 Bug (2 bugs from a junk yard combined to make 1 functional bug)
1959 Bug (Pre Gas Gauge Era)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Someone here on the Samba asked me to design and make a true LED pop-in style light to replace the stock Hella unit above the door in a Vanagon. Here is my first attempt. 🙂 let me see if I can pop over to my Westy storage spot to test the fit today.

This will be a HUGE improvement in illuminating the Vanagon front cab area. Wink Plus, you will have the option of white or red LEDs.

This will fit:
Porsche 968, 944, 924
VW: Bay Window Bus, Rabbit, Pickup, Cabriolet, Vanagon/T25, Dasher,
Audi: 5000, 4000, Coupe, Fox

Probably more....

www.uniwerksdesign.com
khughes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
Someone here on the Samba asked me to design and make a true LED pop-in style light to replace the stock Hella unit above the door in a Vanagon. Here is my first attempt. 🙂 let me see if I can pop over to my Westy storage spot to test the fit today.

This will be a HUGE improvement in illuminating the Vanagon front cab area. Wink Plus, you will have the option of white or red LEDs.

This will fit:
Porsche 968, 944, 924
VW: Bay Window Bus, Rabbit, Pickup, Cabriolet, Vanagon/T25, Dasher,
Audi: 5000, 4000, Coupe, Fox

Probably more....

Sweet, but is that a 3-position switch? On-Off-Door?
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

It wi be a 3 position switch. Yes.

www.uniwerksdesign.com
Silverghost500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I just received my parts order I submitted mid-week!

Automatic transmission selector slider, wiper caps, and speedometer/odometer repair piece. I've got to say if your transmission selector slider is missing GET THIS FROM uniWerks!

Easy installation, took less than 5 minutes. I popped the top off the console. You can see the slot the slider fits into, and it fits just as it should.

Put the assembly back together.

Since replacing the selector console lights I've had a nasty glare in my passenger window right at my passenger mirror because the slider piece was missing, making it difficult to tell if someone was really behind me or not. With the new slider piece in place no more glare!

This is awesome!

Von Westy YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhyZYxJEQrUuLnMbLleeIA
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Thank you for that post! Yes, I really bust my butt to get orders shipped out as quickly as possible. I am often dropping off at the post office twice a day. I think that it’s only fair though, I see that customer service has gone to the wayside in this day and age. I’m bringing it back though, no worries! Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
silversync
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hi Chris, you have some great stuff. I looked through the grille badges and still haven't found what I've been seeking for a long time. A peace sign replacement for the hatch badge. It would be form / fit as the stock one, but is a peace sign. Preferable chromed or silvered like the stock one, and all of the arms/legs that same dimensions. It would look like stock, but simply be a peace sign instead of VW.

I'm a little worried this might be a tough sell because to install requires removal of inner hatch panel. So possibly it could be an overlay that clips on, or there was a mounting method that allows the installer to simply break / grind the old one off, and then this new one would somehow "push / clip" into the mounting holes.

creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I have nothing but praise for Chris/uniWerks Design. I have placed several orders to replace broken or worn parts on my 1986 Westfalia and all parts have fit perfectly, function perfectly and always arrive very quickly.

I am hoping to have the upright radio housing replaced. Those of us with the Behr in-dash a/c know these parts are quite frail by this point and a breath away from ruin.
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
It wi be a 3 position switch. Yes.

Yes please. I’ll take several. Pls pmwhen design ready.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Stock up order has arrived in from the UK. I have fresh supplies of:

Table Stowage Brackets
Brake Line Clips
Grab Handle Screw Covers
LED Festoon Bulbs
Hella Door Light Housings
Heater Panel LED Bulbs
Heater Fan Knobs

Come and get 'em!!

www.uniwerksdesign.com
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

New product release!

The LED Door Light is now available in the webshop!

https://uniwerksdesign.com/product/door-light-vanagon/

www.uniwerksdesign.com
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hey Chris-

Is the light warm, or cool white? I have an aversion to harsh, cold color temps...
Some people call him Maurice...
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hi Chris:

The ashtray powerpod (voltmeter / USB), is the switch to turn the USB on / off or does it also turn off the voltmeter display? I like to keep it on to check charging from solar when the van ignition is off, but it gets really bright at night when I'm trying to sleep...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

To answer both questions:

The LEDs are inbetween, more warm than bright white.

You can wire any of my products however you like. Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Your products look nice! With regard to the new door light you released today. Had you though about the delay circuitry that later Jetta models used to keep the lights on for however many seconds after the door is closed. Some samba members have popped them in because they are almost plug and play. Even better, they control all the lights on the circuit to keep them on while you fumble for your seatbelt. Those model years of Jetta are getting rare in wrecking yards...

Hans
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to me! Smile

I had not thought of incorporating that as I am after a simple solution. I usually just keep my door open (the light will stay on) until I'm all set. Close the door and the light goes out.

But I'm sure you could add that circuit board or whatever to this light.... Smile

www.uniwerksdesign.com
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I would like to see a double DIN pod that mounts to the dash through the factory ashtray opening.

Such a great idea!
Just ordered the new door light and finally, an ashtray power-pod this AM, great products! Thanks again Chris.
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

have you ever considered some sort of way to convert the ashtray into a wireless phone charging phone holder?

I've got some int he past that work pretty well - they are suction cup mounts to windshield. But if you had a way to sort of cannibalize parts - and use your ingenuity to get it to mount where the ashtray is?

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: