Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All things uniWerks Design
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Great write up VicVan!! Thank you for supporting my innovative little company!! Smile

www.uniwerksdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I came up with this little number to help those who camp with kiddos. Its an Upper Bunk PowerPod with an LED to illuminate the main area where you would step into the van after opening the slider. It has a dual USB to allow charging of devices in the upper bunk. And a built in red LED nightlight that shines upwards! Wink

https://uniwerksdesign.com/product/upperbunk-2-switch-lightpod-w-usb-and-nightlight/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.uniwerksdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
I came up with this little number to help those who camp with kiddos. Its an Upper Bunk PowerPod with an LED to illuminate the main area where you would step into the van after opening the slider. It has a dual USB to allow charging of devices in the upper bunk. And a built in red LED nightlight that shines upwards! Wink

https://uniwerksdesign.com/product/upperbunk-2-switch-lightpod-w-usb-and-nightlight/

Nice idea!

Is there a hot wire travelling in the air vent channel there?
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:

Is there a hot wire travelling in the air vent channel there?

IIRC, there is not but it's easy to splice into the driver's dome light and fish a wire above the headliner to the air channel. I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I added lights above the slider door.
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I would HIGHLY recommend running a new and properly fused power lead to this location for installing this or any product that I offer for this location.

It literally took me 15 minutes to do this. Ran wire up the driver's side B-pillar, unscrewed the headliner screws and dropped it down slightly, ran wire across. Pop it through. put screws back into headliner. Crack a beer... Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Many new parts added lately, check out the webshop.

Some examples:

Dorr Edge Guards
https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/turschutz-door-guard/

Engine Bar Endcaps
https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/engine-bar-endcap-set/

Trim Rings for DIY Quad Light Grill
https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/vanagon-quad-inner-light-trim-6-13-id/

Thank you for supporting a innovative, enthusiast run, small business.

Cheers
Chris

www.uniwerksdesign.com
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Big news! Two months ago I was approached by the legend Jay Brown (thatvwbusguy on thesamba.com) asking if I'd like to take over the manufacture of his famous Hard Start relay Kits for Vanagon. To say that I was honored would be an understatement! I am so proud to carry the baton and offer these for sale. Manufactured per his exacting instructions and using the same parts from the very same suppliers. 🙂

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/vanagon-hard-start-relay-kit/

Cheers!
Chris

www.uniwerksdesign.com
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
Big news! Two months ago I was approached by the legend Jay Brown (thatvwbusguy on thesamba.com) asking if I'd like to take over the manufacture of his famous Hard Start relay Kits for Vanagon. To say that I was honored would be an understatement! I am so proud to carry the baton and offer these for sale. Manufactured per his exacting instructions and using the same parts from the very same suppliers. 🙂

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/vanagon-hard-start-relay-kit/

Cheers!
Chris

Nice ! Now if you're bored in the upcoming weeks, you can look for a way to make them work on a van that has both an auto trans and cruise control.
Wink

(edit: cruise control, not air conditioning)
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

April Fools Day sale

Use the coupon code:

notfooling10

for 10% off all Vanagon and Eurovan products

One day only 4/1/2021 until midnight EST.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the products I create. 30 years of engineering experience, the last 15 years spent designing plastic parts used in medical devices have given me a strong background. I'm also named on 5 US Patents for Medical Device Design. Wink

Thank you for your continued support of my innovative, one man show, enthusiast run, small business.

www.uniwerksdesign.com
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

thanks for being so responsive in making widgets!

so i'm trying to shop your website and all the vanagon menus extend out to the left beyond my screen. not using a large monitor but man it's frustrating to see your items! what am i missing, besides a large monitor!

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Hit ctrl minus a couple times ... ctrl- shrinks your text, and the menu's become useful.. then ctrl+ to get your text larger again later
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

New product: Vanagon Instrument Cluster Bulb Reflectors.

These are hard to find now as they get brittle from the dashboard getting so much sun hitting it for years and years. My design mounts the same way as stock, it slides in and snaps tight. I spent quite a bit of time working on a design for this product and took a different approach to the the design. Rather than relying on complex angular shapes and little metal reflectors, I simply made mine round. I have tested it in my van using an LED bulb and I am happy with the performance. Now available in the webshop:

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/.../instrument-cluster.../

www.uniwerksdesign.com
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

Looks cool...

If I recall correctly - you were looking for ideas on things to make.

One item - and I'm not sure how to solve this - would be a sunglass or glasses holder around the rear view mirror? I'm not sure how to describe this - but my wife's subaru outback has something like this, and my in-laws have it in their Honda.

It would be handy...

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrashPanda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I started a separate thread just for photos of Chris' stuff.
But I thought I'd bump this thread with the custom grille badge he made for me.

I wish I'd had it when my van was stolen. It's home, now. And if anyone actually defeats my new counter-measures, I can always say mine's the van with the raccoon badge.

Anything that makes your van visibly unique is a theft-deterrent!

t3 kopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

What about the plastic nuts on the back of the late tin top AC evaporator housing? I'm only seeing these available overseas for 5 bucks a piece. Probably will be extinct soon. **EDIT*** sorry, i see that you have already made these. Thank you!
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

My latest design in the growing number of variation for replacing the stock full camper Westy fridge vent:

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/.../powerpod-fridge-vent.../

www.uniwerksdesign.com
pjn_wyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I still want a 3 pod cluster for one 60mm and two 52mm gauges for my tdi swap!
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
My latest design in the growing number of variation for replacing the stock full camper Westy fridge vent:
https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/.../powerpod-fridge-vent.../

Do you have pictures of the different colored vent covers?

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

^ Not all in one photo. But if you poke around at different products you can see the colors.

95% of my products are made from high quality ABS plastic, just like modern car interior parts. Spray paint adheres quite well to ABS... Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: All things uniWerks Design Reply with quote

I launched yet another version of my ever popular Cool-Stik™ Kit, this time for the Bay Window Bus. They are a simple design that holds the vent windows open while you drive.

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/cool-stik-kit-bay-window-bus/

www.uniwerksdesign.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: