Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
randayn
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values? Reply with quote

I remember my Wife and I pushing our car home 3 blocks when we ran out of gas. LOL. It was down hill, no big deal. This was back in 1972.

Last edited by randayn on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values? Reply with quote

SAY Ceckert64 The way I see your interest into VW's is you may be a reincarnated hippy/mechanic/kool dude who likes the simplicity of the VW. If you buddys car dies they are clueless and you will take some duct tape and bailing wire and drive away in a few minutes.
As i get older the interest is starting to wane a lil but not enough to part with what is in the driveway.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values? Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
SAY Ceckert64 The way I see your interest into VW's is you may be a reincarnated hippy/mechanic/kool dude who likes the simplicity of the VW. If you buddys car dies they are clueless and you will take some duct tape and bailing wire and drive away in a few minutes.
As i get older the interest is starting to wane a lil but not enough to part with what is in the driveway.

Yes, I definitely feel that way sometimes! I will probably have to fix my friends cars sometimes. Most of my friends actually know a good amount about cars and how they work. A funny story was that before some of our robotics team was going to go to a competition, one of our mentors said she had an issue with her car that the traction control was coming on randomly, my friend had a device that you can plug in to the cars computer, so we went out to get rid of that code, and there was a huge list of issues the car gave to us. So we deleted the code and then took off on a four-hour round trip, one issue was a clogged catalytic converter Laughing . The car was also pretty new, anyways, most of the things that had issues, my car didn’t even have. I just like how an old VW, you don’t have to drop an engine to remove a spark plug (my moms car you do). I like the fact I know I can fix an issue on my car and not have to take it to a shop. I also think the old German built VWs are just better built than most new cars. If I lived somewhere other than Michigan, I would drive a VW year round, I couldn’t let mine die from rust. I will probably alway have a VW, so there will still be some interest. Sorry if I got a little off topic Laughing
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values? Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
gt1953 wrote:

Yes, I definitely feel that way sometimes! I will probably have to fix my friends cars sometimes. Most of my friends actually know a good amount about cars and how they work. A funny story was that before some of our robotics team was going to go to a competition, one of our mentors said she had an issue with her car that the traction control was coming on randomly, my friend had a device that you can plug in to the cars computer, so we went out to get rid of that code, and there was a huge list of issues the car gave to us. So we deleted the code and then took off on a four-hour round trip, one issue was a clogged catalytic converter Laughing . The car was also pretty new, anyways, most of the things that had issues, my car didn’t even have. I just like how an old VW, you don’t have to drop an engine to remove a spark plug (my moms car you do). I like the fact I know I can fix an issue on my car and not have to take it to a shop. I also think the old German built VWs are just better built than most new cars. If I lived somewhere other than Michigan, I would drive a VW year round, I couldn’t let mine die from rust. I will probably alway have a VW, so there will still be some interest. Sorry if I got a little off topic Laughing

Your right on topic and helping answer original poster's question "Are we near (or past) the apex of interest/enthusiasm/values?" I'd have to say if there's more enthusiasm like yours's we are probably not!

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: