Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Marking up defects
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Marking up defects Reply with quote

I have just given my 68 1500 it's first top coat and of course with my painting skills there are plenty of blemishes" errors"! I remember seeing film of the factory inspectors marking blemishes on the bodies for remediation. I wonder what I could use to do the same. Can someone suggest a product?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan2973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Marking up defects Reply with quote

What kind of defects? What exactly happened?
bomberbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Marking up defects Reply with quote

Not sure what they used at the factory, but you need something that will not leave any residue and will wipe off. You might try a dry erase marker, but try it on one of the test coupons you sprayed first.
Marion, Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Marking up defects Reply with quote

I just used painter's blue tape cut in pointy triangles that pointed to the blemish I needed to fix. Then just pulled them off as I fixed the blemish.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Marking up defects Reply with quote

beetlenut wrote:
I just used painter's blue tape cut in pointy triangles that pointed to the blemish I needed to fix. Then just pulled them off as I fixed the blemish.
That's a great idea Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: