Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'02 VW EV MV passenger window motor and clockspring questions...
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TIM_SCHAMBER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: '02 VW EV MV passenger window motor and clockspring questions... Reply with quote

CLOCK SPRING
Welp... I have ABS light on and mechanic diagnosed the code as CLOCK SPRING failure. Of course, they aren't making those any more. Anybody have any solutions or safe "go-arounds" for something like this?

PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW MOTOR
Had issues with it. Push switch and it will click. Open the panel and tap on motor and it comes back to life. Would rather not go to the extreme and get a new motor ($500), or refurb or junkyard piece. But if I have to get a new motor, wondering if that's a straight forward install.

As well, could it be something else and not the motor? Once I tap on it, it works for a while then takes a dump.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
kens2003eurovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: '02 VW EV MV passenger window motor and clockspring questions... Reply with quote

I bought a clock spring from VWPartsCenter.net a couple of years ago.
For a 2003 Eurovan Mv.
Part no 7DO-959-654.....which included a steering sensor.

I checked for one today, and my part came up empty...

Did find a Clock Spring on the site, but it does not have a steering sensor.
Here it is

https://www.vwpartscenter.net/oem-parts/volkswagen...dhcw%3D%3D

Searh for it using "clock spring"

Dealer installed it (think they have to program it, too) for $225

Good luck.
mvaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: '02 VW EV MV passenger window motor and clockspring questions... Reply with quote

also try T4 Transporter over in europe for parts "discontinued" here.. often same thing. ebay from Romania or wherever the parts factory is -- makes it easy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: