Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SCAT sold to EMPI?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: SCAT sold to EMPI? Reply with quote

Is this true? Just read Scat sold the VW side to empi.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

I can see where it might be true time will tell .scats more into chevy cranks and water pumper import cranks. oh well looks like empi buying ever one out lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

Oh HELL NO. Man, I hope this is not true.
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
Is this true? Just read Scat sold the VW side to empi.

Where did you read this?
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

HA!!! just alast night i was flipping through my scat catalog and this morning i saw the new empi Con Rods again and realized that they look very similar!! what a shame. hopefully they will still make good products for us. if this is the case, everyone hold on to that good good now officially "old scat" stuff. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

say it isn't so....
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Where did you read this?

Samba sale page on FB. Someone asked if empi was a quality brand and of course all the bashing proceeded. Someone else mentioned the Scat news after I brought up the Bugpack merger.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

I believe this was just a rumor that started when JayCee announced a working agreement with EMPI. You can bet your life Scat will keep their own brand of VW crank & rods.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
HA!!! just alast night i was flipping through my scat catalog and this morning i saw the new empi Con Rods again and realized that they look very similar!! what a shame. hopefully they will still make good products for us. if this is the case, everyone hold on to that good good now officially "old scat" stuff. Sad

Since the factories in China will sell any part to anybody or so it seems, this isnt any kind of indicator. More likely is that empi went shopping for new products and were offered these. Wouldn't surprise me if they did buy the vw side of scat though.

It'll be like Amazon for VW parts, get rid of the competition and control the market. What's the worse that could happen? At least in our hobby millions won't lose their jobs when their stores close.....
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

I know the machinist that does SCATs cases and some other things. He won't work for EMPI because they don't pay a fair price. So as of now, SCAT is still SCAT.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

bugguy1967 wrote:
I know the machinist that does SCATs cases and some other things. He won't work for EMPI because they don't pay a fair price. So as of now, SCAT is still SCAT.

Tom Lieb is the owner of Scat. If he wants to sell the VW division(which I have ZERO knowledge about), the guy who machines his cases will have ZERO input into whether that happens.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

in the industry, so far the answer is no

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

I recently bought a daiken disc from empi it came in a daiken box with just an empi sticker on the outside.Think it was 55 bucks and it was the b503a.

My machinist and trans builder i used let me know this also had the markings on it where made.He just said get this one its the same disc you just pay less.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
bugguy1967 wrote:

Tom Lieb is the owner of Scat. If he wants to sell the VW division(which I have ZERO knowledge about), the guy who machines his cases will have ZERO input into whether that happens.

You obviously didn't comprehend that well. Tom can do whatever he likes, but whatever he does will affect the people that do work for SCAT, like Brother's and other machinists that perform work on various SCAT parts. They can choose whether or not to continue to do work for the new owner.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT sold to EMPI? Reply with quote

well if scat sells to empi, than you get scat parts at empi..kinds like farmers that sell beef to windixie&mickey dees&burgerking,jackouta the box etc. scat will sell parts to who ever ordered them.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT sold to EMPI? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
well if scat sells to empi, than you get scat parts at empi..kinds like farmers that sell beef to windixie&mickey dees&burgerking,jackouta the box etc. scat will sell parts to who ever ordered them.

just like the Bugpack part we get from them Rolling Eyes
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

bugguy1967 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
bugguy1967 wrote:

You obviously didn't comprehend that well. Tom can do whatever he likes, but whatever he does will affect the people that do work for SCAT, like Brother's and other machinists that perform work on various SCAT parts. They can choose whether or not to continue to do work for the new owner.

Yeah.....well My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night....and before he did, he told me some super secret information. Rolling Eyes

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah.....well My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night....and before he did, he told me some super secret information. Rolling Eyes
oh so thats where you learned your craft Shocked 31 flavors!!! fomoco iceream!!! cb used to sell ice cream scoops!!!I wonder if they still do?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Quote:
oh so thats where you learned your craft Shocked 31 flavors!!! fomoco iceream!!! cb used to sell ice cream scoops!!!I wonder if they still do?

Oh no, I learned my craft from just reading on the internet, talking to people at shows and BOOM, I am a self proclaimed expert who now tells other business owning experts that they don't know what they're doing Laughing(And I am not talking about you Mark, I know you know what you are doing)

www.mofoco.com

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT SOLD TO EMPI??? Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
Quote:

Oh no, I learned my craft from just reading on the internet, talking to people at shows and BOOM, I am a self proclaimed expert who now tells other business owning experts that they don't know what they're doing Laughing(And I am not talking about you Mark, I know you know what you are doing)
what the hell is this all about . you guys lost me .do I have to be on meds to understand you guys lol lol oh the world of samba .lol lol nothing like it lol just joking guys
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: