Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Amy Nguyen
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2020
j-sou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

VIETNAM STAINLESS BUMPERS

Stainless bumpers sound appealing? Maybe check this mess out and reconsider... There isn't feedback on this seller yet, and not much info on stainless bumpers like this, so here you go!

-Seller claims to be in "Anchorage, Alaska, USA", but the bumpers ship from Vietnam. Liar

-Seller claims bumpers are copied from originals, when you can see in my photos they have no idea how a split bumper should be shaped. Liar

-Seller will not respond to messages after the sale. Shame on you

-I'm 99.9% sure ALL of the stainless bumpers from Vietnam are coming out of the same factory, but I'll let you use your judgment if considering a purchase.

*Note before we get started with pics here- I was sure these bumpers were welded and not stamped from one piece before I purchased, and they are. There is nothing wrong with that process if they are fabricated and finished properly, but as you will see in the pics they are a complete mess and should have never left the factory in such poor condition. Again, welded bumpers are not ideal, but can be just fine if done properly.

*Another note- sorry about the giant red text on each pic. I'm sharing them multiple places online and want the pics easy for people to spot when searching for info on these bumpers.

Arrow First the ad, with a couple hilarious parts highlighted:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Lets look at the bumper shape now. Split bumpers SHOULD use the same overriders front, back, left, and right. These have different guards for front and back. At this point it's obvious these bumpers are shaped like later bumpers that have had a rib (poorly) hammered into them.

different guard profiles for front and back. Not "comparable to original" at all.

nice lopsided shapes to some of the guards!

Arrow Now lets look at the ribs hammered into these shiny bumpers. That should be fun.
That's an interesting shape!

Oops! Hammer must have slipped

Sure, that's round Rolling Eyes

Ah don't bother trying to work those die lines out. Every freakin rib has these lines through the ends. They're hard to see in pics, but this one shows them pretty well.

Oh that's great

Arrow Lets take a look at the back now! You might wanna sit down for this one...
You know how Beetle bumpers don't tuck up against the body so you can see the backs of them when walking around the car? Well feast your eyes on this:

Yep, the entire back of the bumper looks like that. Remember in the ad when they claimed to add 3 layers of paint so the backs would be more "smooth and beautiful"? Laughing Good thing there are 3 layers of paint, or else this might look like crap. Rolling Eyes

visible welds. yay.

beautiful.

Arrow Since we made it this far, lets take a look at the brackets. They're just brackets, pretty hard to screw up right?

Oh... ok. Yeah, those are trash. Cutting slots in the brackets with a cut off wheel, that's odd. Looks like 3 more layers of beautiful paint on these too.

Well I'm sure they are at least shaped correctly, right?

No... all 4 are different shapes.

tack welded across the tops. Rolling Eyes

This one is my favorite. Very Jackson Pollock.

They would be better off not including brackets at all.

Arrow So to recap: Completely the wrong shape, poor craftsmanship, poor finish.
How much is return shipping to Alaska? Oh wait... it's Vietnam. Rolling Eyes

What you can't see in the pics is how tweaked the bumpers are too, so I'll have a youtube video up soon, showing all of this and more!
I'll be sure to share the video here and everywhere else I can!
gamaray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Well all my suspicions and concerns have been verified..... thanks for the info and pictures!

Rolling Eyes Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j-sou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Vid. Sadly pics and vid don't really show how tweaked they are end to end, or how wavy they are across the top and bottom. Hopefully this is enough to warn others who think stainless bumpers sound appealing.

Share if you know of someone thinking about buying these.

Link

Enjoy!
glass guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

j-sou wrote:
Vid. Sadly pics and vid don't really show how tweaked they are end to end, or how wavy they are across the top and bottom. Hopefully this is enough to warn others who think stainless bumpers sound appealing.

Share if you know of someone thinking about buying these.

Link

Enjoy!

Bought some Beetle bumpers from Allie Taylor @Bumperautomobile.com and there horrible to say the least! we argued via Paypal after I opened a case . Here's the problem, when I bought them she said she was shipping them as a test pattern so the shipping was cheap great me shipping them back is the problem over $600 . Yes I still have them in the original box in the addict.
Dont buy these bumpers from these folks me to I agree I think there made in the same factory to many coincidences after I did some digging .
Thanks for the post J-SOU
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

I purchased a set of Euro bumpers for my 67 Ghia and it appears they shipped earlier ones as the corner pieces protrude into the rear wheel wells nearly an inch. When I contacted “Amy”, she kept telling me she sent me the right bumpers and that if I just watched her video that they would miraculously fit. In the pic from the left side, you can clearly see the bumper is too long. In that pic the bolt is through the quarter panel and into the bumper. No amount of adjustment or fitting is going to take nearly 2 inches out of the end of the bumper. She agreed to take the bumpers back but expects me to eat the shipping costs. So she sends me the wrong bumper and expects me to eat $180 in shipping? Don’t buy from these crooks.

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
HaraldD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Hello,

I bought bumpers for the front and rear before 4 years for my type 3 here in Germany from another company.
But also I think - they are all made by the same company in Vietnam.
Before I write several mails with the seller. And luckily I told them, they will get them back if they don't fit...
So please take a look at this crappy shit..
And this are only 2 photos.
There fit's nothing, also the bumpers by itself.
Ok, maybe they getting better. But original is original. You can throw it from above 3m away to your car....and it will fit!!!!

Cheers

Harald

Kento-Moto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up guys. Sorry for your losses.
alitaylor2018
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Please check quality and fit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaC93Ct5Bds
alitaylor2018
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Please see the bumper beetle Split year 1950-1956 at link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6K7XSVUiMA

And Please check quality and fit:
LucyVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

We check quality and fit of bumper VW Beetle split. The bumper made stainless steel 304, never rust, polished like chrome, The bumper has shape and size like samples.
Please see the video:
LucyVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

We check quality and fit of bumper VW Beetle split. The bumper made stainless steel 304, never rust, polished like chrome, The bumper has shape and size like samples.
Please see the video:

Link
LucyVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

Maybe, retail customers need to know this.
All bumpers, grill, trims for classic car are 304 stainless steel, polished like chrome, made in Vietnam. since the 1990s.. up to now. (In the future, if there is a supplier in another country that produces stainless steel products - polished like chrome, I will update)
And the bumper parts will be numbered, because,
The mechanics, They will check each part and assemble them together, then, They will write the numbers below the bumpers, The purpose, is to make the assembly easier for the (non-professional) customer.
If anyone has other thoughts, please write here.
alitaylor2018
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

We have tested the quality and fit of the Beetle Split year (1950-1965) bumper, so far, the bumper is much more perfect, please see the bumper at link:

Link
LucyVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

This is the good feedback from our customers about this bumper:

wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

The stainless bumper fits like SHIT.......because it is SHIT. Statement from Viet Nam, this Lucy Vo is "it is easier for the non- professional customer" listen up lady, all and I mean ALL of the people using your $1000 plus stainless bumper are considered professional. YOU ARE NOT!!!! Quit selling that junk here! Right in your video you posted the Guards do not fit. Get it right! back of bumper is not exposed until the last 25 seconds in video and it is in HIDING black instead of silver. Wow. I would be disgusted if I opened up a box containing your bumpers. Nice music on your videos....both of them!

GET IT RIGHT!!!! You follow what we (informed) people in the States call the 90 / 10 rule. You get 90% of the bumper copied right. then let it drift on the remaining 10%.....and that 10% drift is causing you all the problems. It should be a perfect copy if you are doing it........or DONT. These bumpers DONT have the fit or finish you require....so just dont buy them.
LucyVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: alitaylor2018 - [email protected] - Vietnam Bumpers Reply with quote

All feedback is real. We have perfected our product. I think our customers are smart enough to judge the quality of current products.
Thank you for your rude words. But I don't mind it at all!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: