Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Debate day...1600 base 74mm crank count for a vintage speed 40hp
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Debate day...1600 base 74mm crank count for a vintage speed 40hp Reply with quote

Ok folks let me here your thoughts on this 🤔🤔 is a new 1600 base 74mm crank count for a vintage speed 40hp build... if I use one ...its because I know vintage speed is to have parts that were available from the time..so I know some may say well a new 1600 74mm is "new age" no because I asked around and got no that's performance ..but hear me out ..ok landspeed 36hp is strict by rules and I know they allow wolfburg west heads to be allowed in there race class and allow you to use scat 74mm cranks and I remember there rules or folks say your allowed to use after market parts repo parts just as long as the parts are from the time ...so that's why we heads are allowed bc there repop okrasa heads specs and scat 74mm crank is a repop of the 356 74mm crank .. so some may say ok what's your point well that got to me to think abit and thought well why isn't a 74mm 1600cc base crank not known for a vintage speed if in the 60s okrasa did make a 74mm 40hp crank rare so why wouldnt the " new 1600" 74mm crank ????? If it's also a repop of the old 60s okrasa crank 🤔🤔
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Debate day..... Reply with quote

Here's a okrasa kit for 40hp with suppose a 74mm crank 👇
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=328215
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: