Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Hey folks, looking for some help here. I’m looking for this bug that I grew up in. About 4 years ago, my father ran into the new owner of the car but has since lost his number. Our bug was last seen in Noertheast Ohio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by creamofdago on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio Reply with quote

I worked at a shop in NE Ohio called Jim's Custom VW's from 03-13, and attended his show since 95, and don't recall ever seeing it. You may have better luck posting the pics in a wanted add in the classifieds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio Reply with quote

Thanks gk, the previous owner actually owns ECS Tuning (Euro Car Service) out of the Norton/Wadsworth area. I appreciate the the input and I’ll also try a WTB ad. And help is greatly appreciated!
ekimthemad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I worked on that car a few years ago. At the time a guy in New Franklin owned it. If the owner of ECS tuning has it then it has changed hands since then. My dad should have the owners name and number I'll check with him to see if he has it.

Mike
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio Reply with quote

Thanks! The owner of ECS was the one who originally purchased it from us. I believe the gent from New Franklin is the one who owns it now. I appreciate your help finding her! I have a lot of memories in this car and it’s the reason I have the bug disease now.
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

I just want send a big shout out to ekimthemad!! He was able to get me in contact with the current owner and hopefully I’ll be bringing our old bug back California in a few months. Thanks again, jack
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

I wish there were more positive stories of people getting back a car they once owned. There are too many that have never found them, too many that never got them back after they did find them, and too many that were horrified of the changes made to the vehicle from other owners after the vehicle was initially sold. I have talked to a few that have gotten their vehicle back for equal/less than what they paid for it, in the exact same condition it was sold, so it does happen. Let's hope the rest of your process goes better than you expected.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

some of biggest regrets was the selling of a VW.

Happy ending, Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Unbelievable! Way to go guys- an interstate hunt and in record time!

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Fantastic!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

I know and have driven this fantastic Beetle

I worked with the current owner for a number of years before he retired we are still in touch occasionally

our Beetles together at the MAPS (military air preservation society) Muesum show in North Canton in 2012
Air and Water do mix!
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Awesome pics Karmannut! I love that camper! Thanks for sharing, it’s great to see her still looking good considering she was built over 33 years ago! Mike seems like a really great guy and I look forward to meeting him when I pick up the car.
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

creamofdago wrote:
Awesome pics Karmannut! I love that camper! Thanks for sharing, it’s great to see her still looking good considering she was built over 33 years ago! Mike seems like a really great guy and I look forward to meeting him when I pick up the car.

Thanks and your welcome she still does look great for her age Mike takes good care pretty sure I have some other pics in an old computer I don't use I will try post a few more if you would like to see them
Air and Water do mix!
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

I just want to say thank you again to ekimthemad and TheSamba. After 26 years of dreaming of owning and driving this car (since i was 9 years old), I was able to convince the current owner to sell her. She just arrived back to her home in California and I'm so excited to be able to share the fun and excitement I felt as a kid with my wife and sons!

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

story of dreams there . thats very very cool . the bug looks good . whats first ? detail and see what you got ? . love the old school look
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Definitely a story of dreams! First is a set of new tires as these are still 1980s vintage..... then a full detail and polishing of the Fuchs. This story just a got a little bit cooler, check out the link below. This car was just posted for sale and you'll see this bug is one of the 3 cars painted with the club logo. These cars were all in the same club in Bakersfield, CA in the 80's.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2218672
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

I remember seeing that Bug in Hot VWs back in the day. Thought it was super cool. Still love it. Congratulations on being the new owner.
1964 Chop Top
creamofdago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

banana split wrote:
I remember seeing that Bug in Hot VWs back in the day. Thought it was super cool. Still love it. Congratulations on being the new owner.
Thanks! super excited to get her cruising to all the shows in California again!
ekimthemad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

Hate to see a solid VW leave Ohio but I'm glad this all worked out! Congrats on getting the car back!

Mike
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for this Bug last seen in Ohio - [FOUND] Reply with quote

You know what the next move is... A reunion of the three cars. Wink

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: