Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sheel-Mann seats?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Sheel-Mann seats? Reply with quote

Hi All,

What do you know about Sheel-Mann seats? Either Recaro or pick'n'pull T&C seats seem to get all the attention here but these german seats look interesting. They're available with armrests.

EDIT: ha! For some reason I always thought Recaro seats were Italian(o). Oy, what a marroon.

The Overlander and Sprinter folks seem to be pleased with them (I'm not sure how to take that).

http://scheel-mann.com/about

https://expeditionportal.com/the-best-seat-in-the-house-scheel-mann-seat-review/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).

Last edited by jimf909 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheel-Mann seats? Reply with quote

They came on the early GTIs, did they not? That sounds like a pretty good recommendation.
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheel-Mann seats? Reply with quote

I know Porsche guys will pay $$$ for the early ones

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/porsche-911-rs-sport-seats/
skyboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheel-Mann seats? Reply with quote

I have 70's scheel 401's in my 912. The bolsters would be too big for a vanagon, but they truly are comfortable and supportive. The build quality is great. They are also very popular with older bmw's. I've never checked out the newer ones, but if they are anything like the older ones , I would consider them for a vanagon if they fit. I have an 80's recaro orthoped as a drivers seat but I'm beginning to miss the armrests.
rmengr1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Sheel-Mann seats? Reply with quote

Been looking at these for my build for a while.... they are very pricey once you add the upgrades like arm-rests and seat heaters. I think ill wait a bit to hear of more installs but if you are overlanding or touring probably going to be worth the money. My big question is whether the swivel in the vanagon will work without conflicts.

89 Westy soon to be subaru 2.5 powered!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: