Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Painting the top of My Vanagon
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting the top of My Vanagon Reply with quote

DuncanS wrote:
Crankey wrote:
I'm considering doing a non permanent white vinyl wrap on my roof if the summer heat is bugging me enough. Just mention the idea just in case someone might like to try it before they go all out. 3M might also have some fancy vinyl that has heat rejection technology in a wrap film too.

Anything which gets stuck on a car with a gummy backing, becomes permanent after a month--or pretty close to it. The UV turns Velveta into steel. Anyyone who has tried to remove some PO vinyl stripping from the side of their T3. On the top it would happen even faster. I'd look for a different solution.

Duncan

Ok..
Modern wrapping vinyl isn't the same as graphic sticker stripes from the 80's but ya know, you do you. Just floating suggestions.
I'm only talking 2-3 months and peel it off personally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting the top of My Vanagon Reply with quote

All I know is from work in the boat yard. Modern vinyl, on fiberglass or a good smooth surface, and unless it specifically says it's long term masking tape, which means you get two weeks, it's there. Anything else will maybe come, but it will pull off the paint under it in spots leaving level differences and a mess.

Duncan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: