Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who does this?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Glenn wrote:
But who can afford $1700/month for a hobby car?

Really? A person that makes several hundred thousand dollars a year. They buy all kinds of stupid shit.

Like buying $180K FAKE 23 window Buses @ Mecom/Barret Jackson type auctions ????? Wink Laughing

Especially if they are trust fund babies😀
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

Quote:
I am sorry but you can't "negotiate a price" when you are paying your cable bill

Actually you can and I have.

I assume you meant you called the cable company to express your did-satisfaction with a cable bill and they offered you a better deal.

That really has nothing to do with cash versus credit card....unless each month you call them negotiating that bill by offering to pay cash?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:

The rewards are indeed free to me.

no, they're not

TDCTDI wrote:
Those "rewards" aren't free, they come out of the vendors pocket which in turn requires them to increase the price to cover their expenses & to make profit..

^^^ like he said, you're paying more for everything, across the board.

I know several business that offer 5-10% off using cash or check. there is no free lunch...even if you think it's free

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

Quote:

The rewards are indeed free to me.

no, they're not

Indeed they are. A credit card consumer is not paying any more for an item they buy then a cash consumer pays.

Two people walk into a grocery store.....the both buy exactly the same groceries for $100. Cash buyer reaches into his wallet and pulls out 5 crisp $20 bills and pays the nice young lady and leaves.

I pull out my 6% cash back on groceries card and pop it into the reader. Machine beeps..I smile and say "thank you" and she smiles back. I get home and see my $100 charge online and its only for $94. I also get to hold onto that $100 30 days longer than the cash buyer to gain interest, or even invest somewhere.

Or how about this one?

Cash buyer drives up to gas station and gets out of his truck and walks in and hands the nice cashier $50 for gas. He walks out, pumps his truck full of gas and drives off happily.

I go to the same gas station. Insert my card into the pump. Pump $50 into my car, and drive off happily. When I get home I see that the $50 charge is actually $48.50 on my statement because of my 3% back. And I get to hold onto that $48.50 for 30 more days than the cash buyer does.

So tell me...….why again am I paying more than the cash buyer and why paying $7.50 less while holding onto my money longer is a bad thing?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

You have a bank that actually pays you enough interest every month to offset the fees and service charges? Shocked

What you aren't figuring out is the store or gas station is preloading all their prices X% to cover the fees your credit card company charges them to get your money. The guy paying cash gets screwed too in most cases and doesn't get the rewards to boot, unless they offer him a cash discount.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
You have a bank that actually pays you enough interest every month to offset the fees and service charges? Shocked

I have the bulk of my liquid assets at a credit union since they have no fees and pay 2% vs the commercial bank i use for my checking which pays .01% on a money market account.

That's 200 times.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Who does this? Reply with quote

Quote:
What you aren't figuring out is the store or gas station is preloading all their prices X% to cover the fees your credit card company charges them to get your money. The guy paying cash gets screwed too in most cases and doesn't get the rewards to boot, unless they offer him a cash discount.

Of course I am "figuring out" that. Whether I pay cash or credit the price is the same. If I start paying cash they aren't going to stop preloading. So if everyone is paying that preload why shouldn't I use my card to reduce that expense?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: