Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weird Ebay Problem
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Weird Ebay Problem Reply with quote

Anyone else have trouble with ebay because they think you're from Germany?

I go on German eBay quite a bit and I've bought stuff there and used the watch list and all, but I'm registered in the USA. Anyway, eBay's computer seems to think I'm now German and blocks me from viewing anything they consider WWII or Nazi related which, by their definition, seems to cover a wide range of things including some early VW stuff.

I get that screen that says "Due to laws in your country . . ."

I've flushed my cache, deleted my cookies, and generally done everything I can think of to hide my tracks, but I can't shake the block they've put on my account. Anyone dealt with this and have a solution?

(I'm posting this here because I suspect most of you accessory junkies go there too.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey coad
i go to ebay germany everyday just like US ebay
I never had that problem, it lets me buy all the nazi stuff LOL J/K
i would contact ebay
justbuggin
Resident Brit

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should stop using HIMMLER as your ebay user name Laughing

www.justbuggin.co.uk

1958 Rag Cal Import
T25 Panel Van
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stratagem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem years ago. It was because at the time I had my computer system's native language set to Italian for my own ease of use even though I was an American citizen living in America.
Grifter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: ebay Reply with quote

I would contact ebay's customer service, they have been very helpfull for me in the past w/ various issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth's out you Nazi skinhead puke! j/k Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: