Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

Won't argue with it but Geico sent me an email that they will be cutting my next renewal by 15%....Hey...I'll take the extra $300.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

I think its positive and appeals to customers, can’t see a downside.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

Travelers is giving 15% off for March, April and May.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

haven't heard anything from Elephant yet but my gut reaction is that if they can give you a discount, they were already charging too much...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

It has to do to reduced driving which means less risk and less claims. It's the same math that allows them to charge less for a hobby car.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

right Rolling Eyes

✈️
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

USAA is refunding 20% of two months premiums. Meh.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

This is the email I got from Geico:

Quote:
As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers. The credits are expected to average $150 per auto policy and $30 per motorcycle policy

To me that suggests that I am getting 15% off my 4 car policy that comes up for renewal in June. My policy with them is an annual policy so I am hoping there isn't a lot of fine print.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

zozo wrote:

I got that email, too, and thought it was a bit gratuitous. But since USAA is a mutual insurance carrier, let's see what kind of a refund we get at the end of the year due to lower claims. There may me more refund coming...

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

I was hoping to hear similar news from MetLife our carrier but have doubts. Many years ago before they went public they went out of their way to help and invested in customer service, but times change. Lately I’ve been thinking of USAA. As a goodwill gesture it’s a great idea to give customers a little slack. Love it.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I was hoping to hear similar news from MetLife our carrier but have doubts. Many years ago before they went public they went out of their way to help and invested in customer service, but times change. Lately I’ve been thinking of USAA. As a goodwill gesture it’s a great idea to give customers a little slack. Love it.

In all the decades I have been with USAA, I have found every service experience (banking, HELOC, insurance, claims, etc.) has been outstanding. They are dedicated to their members and it is exemplified in their customer service excellence.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

In all the decades I have been with USAA, I have found every service experience (banking, HELOC, insurance, claims, etc.) has been outstanding. They are dedicated to their members and it is exemplified in their customer service excellence.

totally. I was in an accident with someone with USAA and they went above and beyond to take care of ME!

I would join, my grandfather served in WW2, but my parents never joined, and I think you have to have that family chain to become a member
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
zozo wrote:

I got that email, too, and thought it was a bit gratuitous. But since USAA is a mutual insurance carrier, let's see what kind of a refund we get at the end of the year due to lower claims. There may me more refund coming...

X3. Yes, they are going to issue refunds at the end of the year based on performance and this is, in effect, just a down payment.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

carp we gots state fram...ours will probably go up Shocked and I have driven my car 1 time in the past 6 weeks..... ankle not virus...I want a new life.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

i'm essential so even though i am working from home 3 days a week and driving less i doubt mine will go down.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

X2, I've been a USAA member since the '80s, they have always had great service & had far better pricing.

Unfortunately, they farm out their "collector car" insurance.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

Farmers is offering a 15% discount on mine.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
X2, I've been a USAA member since the '80s, they have always had great service & had far better pricing.

The last time I checked they didn't have collector car insurance. I figure if I get hit the other guys insurance can pay for it.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

The last time I checked they didn't have collector car insurance. I figure if I get hit the other guys insurance can pay for it.

I believe they use Grundy

https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/insurance_collector_car_main?akredirect=true

the problem here in Houston is "the other guy" aint got insurance or not enough. It's happened to me 2x. My insurance ends up paying out and then suing the other party. Without agreed value coverage, it can screw you if you have a higher end car. On my nissan mini-truck, I just took the loss and fixed it myself, they would have totaled it if I made a claim. second one was just my tiguan, they did me a favor totalling it out
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Several auto insurance companies giving refunds/discounts Reply with quote

I just got my life insurance bill from the state fram.....they scammed millions of people with this, then tried to not honner it at all witch get the laywers involved...now that have to... I was stupid and took out a loan on mine about 8 years ago and got scammed on it when I did that, after 20 years you were not required to pay any premiums it would pay them by the interst...well I took out $4000 and repaid it in a few months, but that effed up the no pay and now that it should be paying again they say the stocks have fallen and I have to pay it.... effing insurance scams.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: