Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadkingdoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v Reply with quote

Looking for a 12 volt battery for my single cab. What have you all had good luck with? thanks
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v Reply with quote

Interstate MT26. It’s a 12v that fits a 6v battery tray. I have that setup in both my ‘60 SC and ‘66 Sundial. Hope this helps.
Here's an old post with pictures:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8167955&highlight=#8167955
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
roadkingdoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v Reply with quote

is 330 cca enough for a 1400 engine?
Yennek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v Reply with quote

roadkingdoc wrote:
is 330 cca enough for a 1400 engine?

Probably? Maybe? Do you drive in winter? I have a sandrail that has a battery about that size (lawn and garden tractor battery actually), and it starts fine, but it's a summer toy. Have had no problems at 40F, but 20F may be different. Also I know I don't have much reserve capacity in a battery that small, so I don't sit there with lights on and such with the engine off.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Battery recommendation 60 single cab 12v Reply with quote

Are you trying to find one where the original 6V battery cover will fit, or just one that'll fit in the space?

I didn't have any trouble finding a battery to fit the tray. (Bosch S5 027. 610 CCA, which happily copes with cranking my 1600 engine.)

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: