Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
I love the idea of this thread!

A shot of me from 2013 (I still look pretty much the same, maybe imagine another wrinkle or two) and imagine the Ghia parked just in front (yeah, it's a seven car garage) of the the rear end of that blue Double-Cab.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just as lovely as ever, I'm sure Bill. Wink
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agallardo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hello from California!!!
agallardo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Welcome Gallardo! Now who here hasn't done that more than five times??? Anyone, Bueller???

Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agallardo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Heheheheh.

You got that right Jeff.

In my case, 10 or 20 times until I got her sorted out.

When I bought her I had visions of daily driving but boy was I in for an education.

That was over 10 years ago but I finally got her dialed in.

I suspect I am not alone in this regard.

Thanks for the welcome Jeff,
Antonio Gallardo
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

rbsurfguy wrote:
Welcome Gallardo! Now who here hasn't done that more than five times??? Anyone, Bueller???

Jeff

Yep.The worst embarrassment I ever experienced that didn't involve a woman happened when my 1996 Porsche 993 Cabrio - with the top open - wouldn't start outside a packed restaurant with tables outside, and the waiters had to come out to give me a push-start.

I still cringe at the memory.

Twice my Ghia let me down. I walked away and phoned a towing service. No way was I going to stand next to my car while it was being loaded on the transporter.
agallardo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Wow, I really am not alone in this am I?

That picture was a similar situation to yours in that I was out in the "field". When I arrived at my destination the Ghia gave out and my students all gathered around and pushed me to safety.

The ones pushing got extra credit, heeheeheehee.

One of them straight gave up, (pictured walking in the rear of the picture) heheheh
dsoucie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Darren S. from Chatham, Ontario, Canada. This is me and my 64 convertible. I first bought the car around 35 years ago. I had it before I started dating my wife. Several years and two kids later I sold it. After 3 more owners and almost 25 years I tracked it down and bought it again! The photo with me in it is when it came off the trailer, home for good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

"dsoucie":
That is a gorgeous Ghia. Thank you for posting these pictures and welcome to TheSamba.

White and Ivory are my two favorite colors for Karman Ghia Convertibles. Especially with black interior and top. It just really has that "classic" appearance. How fortunate that you were able to track it down and bring it home again. That makes for a great history for you and your car. Would love to see some interior photos.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vladiiiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

That's a truly great story! Congratulations ! And I was happy to buy back my Bug from the buyer only after 1,5 years....

And thank you everybody for contributing, didn't think so many would join in Very Happy
Best regards to the whole community Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9237746#9237746
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Darren, Welcome! Great story and how lucky you are!

I wish I could track down and repurchase the 59 single cab my dad had and I drove quite a bit back home in California. Unfortunately it was abandoned in a storage facility in Corona California, and was probably auctioned off to someone local. Maybe I should put out a search message on the bus/transporter forum, perhaps someone would know where it is.

Anyway, glad you were able to welcome her home again!!!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:
I generally avoid getting into pictures but here's one from our trip to Canada in Lilcar in 2015 - I'm on the right and my daughter Sarah is on the left.

Congrat. 3 beautys. Enjoy your ghia. Regards Udo
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Here's two of us... Udo (udo dreisoerner) and myself. Smile

Udo's '56...

and my '58...

Fantastic, John. Hope to merz you at HO 2021
Porschedave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hi Folks

This is me from a few months ago ...

Dave
1965 Sunroof Notch build thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5600139&highlight=#5600139
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Porschedave wrote:
Hi Folks

This is me from a few months ago ...

Dave

Shouldn't you be holding a bottle of Hennessy, Remy Martin X.O., or Courvoisier while standing next to a Ghia painted in that intoxicating color? Cool
Porschedave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Maybe but the car has cost me so much I had to resort to a local beer!!!
1965 Sunroof Notch build thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5600139&highlight=#5600139
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

Me and my dog ‘Safford’ El Paso, TX

lowlights for ever, yeahhhhhhhhhh

Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

agallardo wrote:

rbsurfguy wrote:

Jeff
Yup! Now try push starting a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 by yourself... repeatedly

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Redlabel6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Here I am on my way to a VW Club cruise last Saturday.

David
rich caramadre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Here I am in my 58' I can't wait to start working on it. It's going to be journey but I'm looking forward to it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: