Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New classic manx #93
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So my manx body showed up the other day, and I figured I would start a build thread. It's brilliant golden orange metal flake with side pods and a white top. First I have to finish a rail buggy project that is about halfway done. Then I can devote all my efforts in to this project.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Shocked Factory Five delivered it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Nice color.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Letterman 7 Stewart transport delivered it, they have a contact with Factory Five Racing. I chose them as they have the crane to unload it and they have been delivering manx for years.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Q-Dog Thanks, it looks even better in person. I wanted something with that 70's vibe and orange flake has it LOL.
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Yes, great color choice. I like the orange metal flake. It really Pops in the sun light. I have the same color on my Meyers Manx Kick Out.
Make sure and cover Bruce's signature as it will will fade if not.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

jsturtlebuggy I definitely need to cover up his signature. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use, probably automotive clear coat. What have you guys used on the dash to protect his signature???
erichevy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Love it! I think orange metal flake is the best choice for a fiberglass buggy Very Happy
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

There as been discussions on the Manx Club Facebook site about what to use to cover Bruce's signature where he sign it on the buggies.
I think it was some kind of 3m product that was being used.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Ok I will try to check out the Facebook group and see what others say they use to cover the signature.
aluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

It will be magnificent!
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Love the color

I restored one like it a while back.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

matthewl wrote:
Ok I will try to check out the Facebook group and see what others say they use to cover the signature.

Its probably the same material they use for clear bra's on the front of cars, it has UV protection in it.
Manx102
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Great start, great color... looking forward to your build.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Surfnc that buggy you built definitely sold me on the orange metal flake. Love the combo with the Sprint stars.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So I finally got Bruce's signature covered up. I used 3M paint protection vinyl, it is almost invisible. Only the edges give it away that it is there. Also got all the adhesive from the packing tape off the hood, I used goo gone to remove the adhesive. I left the roof and side pods in the bubble wrap for now . Going to be a while before the rail buggy is done lol.

Manx102
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Looks good and I will need to get busy and also use the protection vinyl before I lose Bruce's signature on our Manx. Thanks for posting your pics and info.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So still in the planning phase of this project ( I've got to finish my rail first lol). But I found this cool A/C unit cheap on Walmart.com ($49.99) and had to see if it would fit under the dash. Looks to me like it will work, ended up returning the unit as UPS damaged it in shipping.

KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

When you get going on the AC check out Cold Hose in Florida.

https://coldhose.com/under-dash-systems.html

I've purchased a number of things from them and got very good service.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

KAmes looks almost the same besides the chrome and higher price. Really not ready for an a/c system. But for $50 I had to see if it was even possible to fit under the dash. It's to bad the delivery guy dropped it. But when I do go for one I want some chrome on it; that one I got was a little plain. But first I need to round up a chassis LOL.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: