Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Radiator fan wisdom? 2003 EVC
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Radiator fan wisdom? 2003 EVC Reply with quote

Hey Guys
One of the two radiator fans blew apart on my 2003 EVCamper. The other one looks to be in pretty good shape. But they're both the same age. I haven't removed the assembly yet but it looks like it's not easy to simply remove one of the fan motors. In other words, I don't see an easy way to unbolt it from the assembly. Looks like VW deliberately made the motors 'semi permanent' in the mount so we'd buy both at the same time. I sourced an OEM complete VW unit for $333 - which seems pretty good for both fans and the mounting bracket - so it's just a drop in. But if it's real easy, I might just try to replace a single fan instead. They are available on FCP Euro singly. Has anyone replaced a single fan? Any wisdom appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Radiator fan wisdom? 2003 EVC Reply with quote

They come out with the radiator assembly so all data shows it as a 2 hour job.

It might be possible to work inside that tight space but usually the time is lost in parts broken
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: