Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: slammedPOS
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 14, 2010
Roger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Lost Package Reply with quote

Austen is a good guy! I recently bought some heads from him. He shipped them in two packages, I received one only. The second package disappeared off the face of the earth (aliens?). Not Austens fault. He refunded my money and was upstanding about the whole deal. I will be doing more bussiness with him in the future.
Roger
VDUBZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a passenger door from Austen that he shipped Greyhound. I told him I've never shipped Greyhound before, and he implied that it was safe and he'd never had a problem. Well after all is said and done I was stuck with a door with a nice crease in the side of it from the combo of Greyhounds package handling & Austen's terrible packaging & Greyhound can not be contacted for insurance because they just give you the run around & have yet to receive a refund from Austen. And it cost me just as much to fix the door as it did to buy it. So I paid double for a door because of Austen's terrible judgment in shippers & his shady packaging.

UPDATE: Austen has agreed to pay 1/2 of the repair bill, It's been a week and have yet to receive the $50 in my paypal account. Figures Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeanDG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: austen wery Reply with quote

Austen sent the part I needed at a fair price, no problems.
Gave me some technical information too.
Dean
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VDUBZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue has been resolved. Austin has paid 1/2 of the costs to repair the damaged door I ordered.

Thank you Austin for coming threw.
56TIMOTEO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: slammedpos Reply with quote

I just bought some oval window fasteners from Austen, good comunication, fast shipping, good price, and he threw in some extra stuff outside of the deal! Thanks Austen!
HerrrKafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Austen about some hard-to-find parts that I've been searching for forever (not advertised), and he had what I was looking for. He took the time to take them off a parts car and send nice, detailed pics.

Good communication, fast shipping, tracking # provided, parts as described, and he also threw in a few extra bits as well. Applause

Thanks.

EverettB wrote:
In a perfect world, anyone running chromies would be shot.
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: 59 chop top Reply with quote

i dont know what to do at this point , i sold this car (1959 CHOP TOP) a guy in Antioch Ca.for $800.00 . He gave me $400.00 , i held the pink. Now the Antioch guy sells , gives this 59 to SLAMBEDPOS. i told what all that had happened, so he takes the shell off and puts it on a differant pan , and has it listed on here for $1700.00. Its still my car.

His answar is "Well what ya want me ta-do"

I ASKED HIM NOT TO SELL THE CAR TILL WE GOT IT SORTED OUT.
Robs '52s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the police and report the car stolen. If you tell the police what you just said here he will be in deep s@#t.
Also might want to pm Everett and let him know slammedpos is selling your car, maybe he can deactivate the ad til you get it straight.
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rob... i have never seen anything like this.
Behemoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitrob wrote:
Call the police and report the car stolen. If you tell the police what you just said here he will be in deep s@#t.
Also might want to pm Everett and let him know slammedpos is selling your car, maybe he can deactivate the ad til you get it straight.

It's going to be kinda hard to explain to the Police how you filed a false Police report for a stolen car when it's hardcopied here that he sold it to the guy. Sounds like you're talking Hal into a world of shit. There needs to be some kind of contract if Hal gave the car to the guy for $400 and expects another $400 otherwise he's just a disgruntled seller witholding a title.
If the buyer has a resiept for $400 from Hal it's a legit sale without an unfinished contract for finishing payment for the car and he has every right to sell/give it to whoever he likes. I don't see where slammed has done anything wrong unless it's been proven the car was taken from Hal and not let go by him. Hal may have a claim against the original buyer but I don't see anywhere that he has a claim against slammed.

Slammed could however not do anything with the car is he so chooses if he wants to appease Hal but I don't think he's obligated to. Does this not sound right?
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was under the impression that is why you hold a title to a car , is that you have some control on what happens to it after it leaves your possesion. i sold it to the guy in Antioch for $800.00 , he gave $400.00 . till the balance is paid , its still my car.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you give up possession of a car before it was paid for?
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:

looking back ... that is a good question , I've done it before with no problems , and it was local , and a guy i have known for many years.I also still had the title in my possesion.
Why does a loan company let you drive your new car? It's not paid for..... they have the title , till its paid for its there car . you can't sell it , you can't take it apart to change the numbers and sell as another car all togather.

Last edited by HALS on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the title, you own the car. If you aren't payed the full amount of the contract, you still own the car. If you are trading a car without title, it can be considered and reported stolen. You alter a stolen car and post it up for sale, you better contact an attorney cause your dumb ass is going to jail.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the ad and directed slammedpos here for feedback.

You still own the car but if you don't have something in writing, you probably have a problem if it comes down to one person's word against another on whether it was fully paid for.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

You still own the car but if you don't have something in writing, you probably have a problem if it comes down to one person's word against another on whether it was fully paid for.

Other than one detail, the lack of transfer of the title. That is a very important detail.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALS wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

looking back ... that is a good question , I've done it before with no problems , and it was local , and a guy i have known for many years.I also still had the title in my possesion.
Why does a loan company let you drive your new car? It's not paid for..... they have the title , till its paid for its there car . you can't sell it , you can't take it apart to change the numbers and sell as another car all togather.

It's not that they hold the title. it's because they file a lien on the title with the state. It's a recorded transaction.

I've done this for relatives I sold my cars to. It's easy to do.

If they default on payment, you repossess the car.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Other than one detail, the lack of transfer of the title. That is a very important detail.

You don't need the title if you have something in writing. I'm not going into the details in public as it may affect this transaction but I've been in a similar situation. PM me if you want.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that contacting the police and claiming theft, when you did receive partial payment, would be inaccurate. I would think that your best bet is to go to small claims court against the original purchaser. You had a verbal contract (possibly written for all I know) and he has broken his end of the deal

Austen seems like a good kid, my roommate has bought several things from him, with no issues, and nothing but good things to say.
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thing , for me has been resolved, Austin got a hold of me , and every thing has been taken care of . If at all possable from my first post in this tread to this be deleted , i would appreciate it.
If not i'm very sorry i caused this young man any trouble.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: