Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: slammedPOS
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 14, 2010
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad I guess
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1547825

Yes, that does not look NOS but just cleaned.
Rod looks bent to me in the photos:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5270118.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5270119.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5270120.jpg
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
I've been looking for an NOS thermostat rod for a 1500 upright and recently he posted an ad for an NOS bracket, thermostat, and rod. I snapped it up when he replied that the rod was also NOS. I actually got my part in a timely manner but....guess what....if it's NOS I'm Elvis Presley.

I justified that the rod could still have some life left in its worn out self but it's so bent I doubt it's worth it. Looks like it, at least, functioned in its long service, as all three parts show distress wear for at least 150,000 miles of service.

EverettB wrote:
Ad I guess

Yes, sorry.

Since the guy was banned for the millionth time I figured I didn't have to prove it plus I thought the ad was deleted. When you click on the guy's profile every catagory says "0" (zero) as in classifieds by lowlight57 = 0.

Didn't really clean the bracket.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

No cleaning on the worn dented bellows.

Might still use the rod if I can straighten it but I have nothing to go off of.

Weird thing is, the guy's Paypal email doesn't match lowlight57 nor is his name Austen Wery in replies.

Hmmm.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I confused things or said something that came off rude, I just meant to post the info in the ad for reference to show he misrepresented the part.

Please post whatever names or emails he was using so they are in this thread for reference.
Another member informed this was Austen without a doubt.
He had been in contact with him about another transaction.

I believe I had an undamaged 1500 rod.
If you need something to reference, I will try to help with measurements or whatever you need.
PM me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Sorry if I...

All my bad.

I hadn't read the rules. I was actually going to write off the bad deal as an embarrassment, lesson learned (once again), and just swallow my pride. I just happened to go to the guy's profile to try and see the ad again to see if there was something I missed and that's when I saw that something was queer with the whole schmeer. It had funked out all on it's own which made me feel vindicated. Who'd a thunk it?

EverettB wrote:
Please post whatever names or emails he was using so they are in this thread for reference.
Another member informed this was Austen without a doubt.

The last thing I need is more trouble so that's why I didn't add the info.

But since you asked:
On the return address it says Austen Wery (Brentwood, California).
Email replies say Paul Wayne and Paypal says [email protected]

Note: email won't post as showing no matter what I try. Click on "quote" to see it, I guess.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Flux130s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just had a few PM's from a guy as ReadyFeddy and I think they are the same. However, I could be mistaken.

I found him on Craigslist selling parts in the bay area under the email
[email protected]. Not seeing this post, I sent him some money for a part using Paypal and now he wont return respond or return my money. Maybe its time to get a few guys and call the local district attorney?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

I can confirm [email protected] is Austen.
This email is listed in the first post of this thread.

There is no user on this site called ReadyFeddy, do you mean PMs on this site or ?
Flux130s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

I got PM's from ReadyFreddy. I tried to communicate with this person via regular email but ReadyFreddy stayed dark and only used PM's.

FYI, I did not know anything about Austen and his ways until I started looking him up on the net. Then I tied it all together after reading this history.

Update - I submitted a Paypal Case and he quickly refunded my money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

ReadyFreddy - Ok, got it

Email for ReadyFreddy is [email protected]
Maccattack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy still at it selling parts on instagram under infamous_aircooleds.......

Bought a set of rear cross members 12 weeks ago and never arrived....apparently sent two sets now but unable to provide shipping number for either of them...lost first in a house move apparently and second never provided even tho chased for weeks. He always seems to be on vacation or moving house so will get back to me. Prob on vacation using my cash.

They have never been sent just stole my cash...day after I paid saw a post about this guy but thought give him the benefit of the doubt but kinda knew they would not be sent.

Im UK based and never had issues in 10 years in the vw scene from across the world.

Shame hobby given a bad name by guys like this.

Be aware very aware says all the right things to waste time but never provides anything to prove sent.

Its made worse as told him I lost my job and needed the parts to complete welding on bug so could sell for more and pay mortgage....
Flux130s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Sorry to hear you all have had issues with this POS. Has anyone called the local PD and made a report. Seems like a case can be build if enough people complain about this guy. Its also Internet fraud and there is a FBI (IC3) you can file a report. They will call the local agency or handle internally to investigate. They site is easy to complete your claim. Just hit File Claim and on the first tab, IC3 to answer the questions.
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I hope this helps all that has had a problem.

Doug
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

Banned again as
urbanhippy - [email protected]

Thread started on that "new" user with some feedback and general complaints:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=675621
abax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Bad feedback Reply with quote

Bad Feedback

On 13/11/2017 I pay 48$ for convertible top wood lot that was on The Samba
I ask for tr number from the first day

almost 2 months later i have no tr number or parts

i made many questions since then ,all way's had an answer but no tr number

only excuses to take time

I believe that i will never receive the parts as they never shipped

Of course if i receive any part or refund i will update

Tassos From Greece
Ciscocoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

waiting over a month for shipping number and now he says he is moving house...offered refund we will see

paul wrey - [email protected]
1966 912
1962 Split Panel Van
1972 Karmann Ghia
1969 Karmann Beetle
Latest Ride 1953 Oval
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

Banned again as
71deluxeguy - [email protected]
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

The seller had an ad up for motors, I asked if he had a certain block. He said come by. I'm not local to SoCal so let it go. He then replies with the serial number for a motor he had for sale. I reply that it's not close enough but thanks, normally i'd be coming through socal but with restrictions can't. He then calls me a dipshit. I reply that if he had something close i'd have it shipped. He blocks me... and calls me a time waster. Ok, have a good life with that level of anger.
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

Austen Weary
2092 Heartland Cir.
Brentwood, Ca. 94513

( 925 ) 240-5732

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not on the Samba, but Facebook instead.

I had some lowlight Ghia nose grilles up for sale. He asked if I would trade for a Hurst shifter, and sent me pics. I agreed and shipped the grilles.

A few weeks go by and I asked if he received them, and if he sent the shifter, which he said he did. A couple weeks later I said that I hadn't received it yet and asked for tracking. He said he'd look.

Another week, I ask again and he says he has the tracking, but didn't send the number

Another week or so, I ask again. Ignored.
Asked again. He said he moved and lost the receipt.

Another week or so goes by, I message again. He offered to pay me for the grilles, and asked for my PayPal address.

Another week or so, no money sent, no shifter, no grilles, I ask what the deal was.

That was the last reply I have had from him. About 3 weeks ago. He has ignored every other message I've sent since then.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have been informed this user is Austen again, he has been banned:
52crotchcooler - [email protected]

Last edited by EverettB on Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: slammedpos - austen wery - [email protected] Reply with quote

ScrapJunkie wrote:
Not on the Samba, but Facebook instead.

I had some lowlight Ghia nose grilles up for sale. He asked if I would trade for a Hurst shifter, and sent me pics. I agreed and shipped the grilles.

A few weeks go by and I asked if he received them, and if he sent the shifter, which he said he did. A couple weeks later I said that I hadn't received it yet and asked for tracking. He said he'd look.

Another week, I ask again and he says he has the tracking, but didn't send the number

Another week or so, I ask again. Ignored.
Asked again. He said he moved and lost the receipt.

Another week or so goes by, I message again. He offered to pay me for the grilles, and asked for my PayPal address.

Another week or so, no money sent, no shifter, no grilles, I ask what the deal was.

That was the last reply I have had from him. About 3 weeks ago. He has ignored every other message I've sent since then.

What was his Facebook identity? What page did you list the ghia grills on?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: