Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

New model Manx dune buggies are selling for $35k plus on BAT.
There are more people out there with money than guys who can build cars themselves so it makes sense the values are going to shoot up on desirable cars.
What surprises me is that most of the Ghias that have sold for strong money are not freshly restored, they are basically used cars with noticeable wear. I wonder what a correctly and well done restored car would so?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Didn't Ghia Girl get like 50K+ for her really nice restored Ghia?
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

rbsurfguy wrote:
Jeff

Not a criticism, I liked that car, but it was done a while ago, and the interior was original.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

No worries, I didn't remember all the details and was just throwing it out there as I remembered she got a pretty good price for it.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ahcheemjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

I love my '63 convertible. But if these prices continue to rise, I'll need to sell. Great cars, but that's a lot of money. I bet we see a lot of Ghias on BAT in the near future. Will be a good test of the market.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

rbsurfguy wrote:
Marc, yes it did change after I refreshed a couple times. Definitely inspiring to know one can possibly recoup a good amount of their investment on a Ghia. I wonder if these increasing prices might have any effect on classic car insurance rates like Haggerty (sp?)

Jeff

I had to change my agreed value price at least twice in the last two years.
For those that haven't recently checked the values on your Ghia's now may be the time.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
A decent driver quality 1968 Ghia has just appeared

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-6/

$9500
Buyer got a pretty good deal.
This auction was kind of a snooze. Seller didn’t seem to engaged but should be happy with the result. It probably wouldn’t have done much better anywhere else.
It could be a nice resto candidate.

Mike Gerson

Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Those 914 wheels are my favorites for a Ghia; I think they would also make a big-bumper '72 and later Ghia look much better. Tightness to rear wheelwell opening!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Vladiiiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

That's true!
Not wanting to dishonor anyone's taste, but Fat Chicks, with the classic 5-spoke Fuchs, don't go together so well. Those on the other hand, much better (especially silver) Cool And again......astonished how "affordable" the Ghias are, in the States.

Vlad
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9237746#9237746
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Vladiiiii wrote:
That's true!
Not wanting to dishonor anyone's taste, but Fat Chicks, with the classic 5-spoke Fuchs, don't go together so well. Those on the other hand, much better (especially silver) Cool And again......astonished how "affordable" the Ghias are, in the States.

Vlad

Not for long. Prices seemed to have doubled over the past couple years for decent cars. A car like that one you could get locally all day long for $5k a couple years ago. Big bumper coupes are still crazy cheap. A friend of mine had been picked them up left and right for less than $4k, and I’m talking nice solid cars. But I figure even those are going to go up soon.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

1973 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-7/

Gangsta Whites! Cool

The bidding rose from $89 to $10,000 in the five minutes it took compose a BAT comment!

Mike Gerson

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Another with filled in body lines under the doors, thick with the lipstick. Less than stellar job on the pan install. Best to inspect this one closely.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

I wonder if it pulls to the right during moderate to hard braking, with the 5.5" wide wheels on the right side but only 4.5" on the left. Confused You can discern the difference in the deep dish effect/offset. Overall a visually attractive car otherwise.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

It’s a turd if you look close, but if you don’t look close it would make a nice attractive driver.
I hope it does well. Late model convertibles are much nicer driving cars than the earlier models and are way under appreciated.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:

Gangsta Whites! Cool

The bidding rose from $89 to $10,000 in the five minutes it took compose a BAT comment!

This Ghia was up for auction on BAT one year ago and bid to $19,000 which did not meet reserve. Let's see what difference a year makes?

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:

Gangsta Whites! Cool

This Ghia was up for auction on BAT one year ago and bid to $19,000 which did not meet reserve. Let's see what difference a year makes?

That was a fair price for that car. I bet it’s going to be higher this time around since the prices have gone up overall since then.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
malley56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

BAT just accepted one of my 71 verts today. No reserve and I’m quite nervous. It’s a wonderful driver and quite pretty and original. Completely original pans rockers and all body panels. One of the most rust free Ghia’s I have ever seen in this part of the country. Lots of stuff I think knowledgeable purist will like. But I don’t know how it will translate as far as BAT interest since it’s slightly rough around the edges. I submitted plenty of unflattering detail pics just to be as transparent as possible. It’s gonna make someone really happy I know. She’s such a sweetheart but just can’t keep two. Crying or Very sad
theghiagirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
rbsurfguy wrote:
Jeff

Not a criticism, I liked that car, but it was done a while ago, and the interior was original.

What do you consider a while ago?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

malley56 wrote:
BAT just accepted one of my 71 verts today. No reserve and I’m quite nervous. It’s a wonderful driver and quite pretty and original. Completely original pans rockers and all body panels. One of the most rust free Ghia’s I have ever seen in this part of the country. Lots of stuff I think knowledgeable purist will like. But I don’t know how it will translate as far as BAT interest since it’s slightly rough around the edges. I submitted plenty of unflattering detail pics just to be as transparent as possible. It’s gonna make someone really happy I know. She’s such a sweetheart but just can’t keep two. Crying or Very sad

I’ve seen original cars go for decent money.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctio Reply with quote

theghiagirl wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
rbsurfguy wrote:
Jeff

What do you consider a while ago?

Five or six years ago.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 112

Jump to: