Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ib-bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

German Krew wrote:
Just got this in from Bus Resto Parts and I have to hand it to Auto Wares they make an amazing split screen convex mirror. They have both options in chrome or patina of course I choose patina to match the original drivers side, but truly great detail work. Applause Applause Applause Applause

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thank you for the mention.
Glad you liked it , looks at home in your bus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

No worries ib-bus Thanks for making great parts just copped this last week and hooked it up. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This was the problem before adding the throttle cable roller.

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ib-bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

Cool , those are good pictures too.
Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

I can't believe I missed this build, I love your blend method in keeping as much OG metal as possible, especially the cab seat metal. I also love how you were able to get the angle just right on the vent window. Great detailed pictures! Quick question, you mentioned you used sand (assuming media blasting) on some of your electrical components which turned out great, how did you keep the media out of the small pockets or does it just get forced out? My bus is fine I have other projects I wish to go patina. Also WW doesn't have black latches did you paint them?
Linda

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I can't believe I missed this build, I love your blend method in keeping as much OG metal as possible, especially the cab seat metal. I also love how you were able to get the angle just right on the vent window. Great detailed pictures! Quick question, you mentioned you used sand (assuming media blasting) on some of your electrical components which turned out great, how did you keep the media out of the small pockets or does it just get forced out? My bus is fine I have other projects I wish to go patina. Also WW doesn't have black latches did you paint them?
Linda

Thanks I appreciate it Very Happy , my goal was to keep the truck looking original as possible with its true patina. The electrical items I media blasted was forced out and with high air pressure also helps. The latch I did replace from WW and they do care the black ones.

See below.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211837639aww

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

Wow, thanks, I looked a few times and didn't see that black one. How does it work? Is it worth it to use the repro or go OG? I have. few sets to do. Keep up the great patina work! BTW love what's under the lid Wink

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211837639aww

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

The WW one has worked great but keep in mind I haven't really used it but for a couple of months maybe ask me in a year. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

I have not gotten to go to a show yet, but she has been put to work and its definitely cool seeing people smiling and getting the thumbs up at Home Depot.

Made it home safe considering these drainage pipes are 10 feet long and looked like cannons sticking out. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

To hell with shows, when you get to put a proper truck back in service! Badassery at its best, when you pull up, load it and get shit done hahaha.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

Applause killer time frame am impressed with the prezervation..
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
To hell with shows, when you get to put a proper truck back in service! Badassery at its best, when you pull up, load it and get shit done hahaha.

aa390392 wrote:
Applause killer time frame am impressed with the prezervation..
Tomas

Many thanks you too! Applause I plan on crusin' it to the West coast hopefully soon and then maybe to Florida if my back can hang! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

What are those two unfinished steel parts on the left ?

German Krew wrote:

Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

panel wrote:
What are those two unfinished steel parts on the left ?

German Krew wrote:

They are the wrong mounts my engine builder sent me for the external oil cooler soon to be on the samba classifieds.

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
karl h
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

just read the whole thread, super work!
i just gotta start finishig my panel.....
86 Caravelle
04 new beetle vert
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

karl h wrote:
just read the whole thread, super work!
i just gotta start finishig my panel.....

Thanks much appreciated! I just read yours as well and I like the battle against the rust you are kicking its ass!

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

The weather is better so more Home Depot trips needed!
Quote from a random dipstick yelling "That's what the hippies drove, right?"
I shock my head and yelled, YEP SLAMMED WITH A 2234cc MOTOR! They gave me the most confused look. Laughing Laughing Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

German Krew wrote:
I shock my head and yelled, YEP SLAMMED WITH A 2234cc MOTOR! They gave me the most confused look. Laughing Laughing Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

They don't understand the metric system.

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
German Krew wrote:

They don't understand the metric system.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

It has been a minute since I've posted, but I have been enjoying my DC!
I cruised the truck a couple of weeks ago to Tony's (SKIM) place with (ol'Crip) John Deitchman, where this build started a little over a year ago. Big thanks to everyone that helped me with this in this order. John D, Tony, WW, Lil'John, Vintage Warehouse, Stratton Motorsports, Steve, Bob, Vintage Warehouse, Rick Wright, Vintage Warehouse and the gk family for all the moral support Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 Double Cab Dove Blue Build Reply with quote

A little update on the DC.
Big thanks to Jacek's at THE BUS STATION for this beautiful Hoop and canvas set!! Amazing quality well worth it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Started getting it back together with some welding and test fitting since it had to be cut down for shipping from Poland.

Put the canvas on to test fit and make sure the lines matched up plus I just had to see it on!

After this I will take everything apart and finish the welding and get everything off to powder coat.

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: