Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Inner Door Handle Trim
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spitsnrovers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Inner Door Handle Trim Reply with quote

I've forgotten how to remove the inner door handle trim Sad
I did this 12 years ago, but the memory how has disappeared.
I got the speaker off, the window switches out, the panel clips all removed. but can not get the door handle trim off. No screws, so I assume it clips in some how.

Any suggestions please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Inner Door Handle Trim Reply with quote

The black plastic piece? Pop it off with a screwdriverin the small rectangular notch at the front.

Last edited by syncrodoka on Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Crooked Designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Inner Door Handle Trim Reply with quote

You have to pry out the finger plate (19 in this diagram) to reveal the machine screw underneath.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

*edit.. if you were standing in front of this diagram, you'll want to pry from the left side, or the side farthest from the hinge of the door handle.
spitsnrovers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Inner Door Handle Trim Reply with quote

Thank you fellows ! I didn't see how that finger plate could have come out from the inside.

Couldn't find anything like that diagram in my Bentley.

I'm out to the garage to get it off!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: