Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seats
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
burgertimegirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Seats Reply with quote

Hi,

I need new front seats for my Thing. I would like to get seats with a headrest, so I was looking at Karmann Ghia and Beetle seats. Does anyone know if these seats would fit in a Thing?

Thanks,
Kristen
pjmacua
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

Look at the seats from a Super beetle with flat windscreen (called "1302" in some countries).
They have headrests and the rails should be the same as the ones on the VW Thing.

Regards
Pierre-J MACUA, France
www.volkswagen181.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
7thing3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used scat Procar 90 seats but I believe a 71-72 beetle seat will fit these tracks. Don't quote me on that.
'84 Mercedes 280 CE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to go a little far afield, I just put a set of seats out of a chevy S-10 pickup in my Thing. They are a nice, hi-back seat and they have intergal seat belts and sholder harness. That was the selling point for me.
If you prefer to stay German, Try Mercedes. I found a nice, all leather set out of a Benz 500 to put in my motorhome but they were $600 plus shipping, used, for the pair.
oldoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: THING SEAT Reply with quote

I think that ghia seats are a close fit but they are way shorter stands than a thing, I THINK Rolling Eyes good luck jeff
chinarider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbeetle seats will fit perfectly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
7thing3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not from a 77 SB convertible, I know that much. Perhaps the early (71-72) Supers.
'84 Mercedes 280 CE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HamburgerBrad
Je suis Napoléon!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73+ supers had different seat mounts. only the mounts on the rear of the seats were in the tracks. the front mount was on a hump that comes up seen in this picture
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wanted: two beat up, ugly, curb rashed 6" phone dial wheels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chinarider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ya learn something new everyday! My SB seats must have come out of an earlier model, though I was told that they were mid-70's. They're the high'back, track-mount type and will fit in the stock Thing tracks. Anyway, they're just taking up space in my garage right now. If anyone needs them, feel free to e-mail me and meybe we could work out some sort of trade. They're in ok shape - need new vinyl - but definitely servicable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwkarmannghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the thing use the same floor pans as a ghia? If so, I think ghia seats will work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: