Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

93 Eurovan MV interior paneling
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iatsail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: 93 Eurovan MV interior paneling Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 93 Eurovan MV (112k miles, auto transmission! Not a camper top). This is my first VW, and I got it because I was looking for a van I could road trip in, but may eventually need to resell (though I find I really like it so far. This is a dark road.)

It had mice living in the ceiling, and I wanted to put in insulation all over anyways... so I got the nice panel tools, and pulled off all the paneling. Realized the little squeakers had trashed the entire ceiling, so since everything's bare anyways, the ceiling is destroyed, and I am something of a woodworking nut, I figured I might as well rebuild the rear panels as I like.

1. Have y'all seen any projects using wood trim in eurovan interiors? I'm brainstorming, and would love ideas. I have the jump seats, and plan to keep the back seat functional for potential passengers.

2. I have all of these original interior panels, most are in good shape although a few are cracked. Would a VW mechanic be a good place to unload them, or is online better? I have NO experience with this, so any tips would be handy.

Thanks from a newbie.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 93 Eurovan MV interior paneling Reply with quote

Depending on what you want to accomplish (continue with MV format vs. full camper, etc.), there are quite a few good books out there with interior ideas. Not too many full wood panel interiors though. Yacht interiors can be a neat source of inspiration as well for those, though.

I plan to do similarly to one of our vans once my very-much-in-transition life quiets down a bit (will be a while). I'd like to do a full replacement of just about every interior panel on one of our two vans, partly just for fun and beauty, and partly for functional improvements. Would be very interested in seeing what you come up with -- please do share with us!

Welcome to forum, BTW!

I thought you'd posted about curtains too, but maybe you edited that. If so, good call not throwing those away (EASY to sell, and valuable, I'm sure).

Also, I'd be interested in your OEM interior panels -- rear door, sliding door, and front doors especially. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for posting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 93 Eurovan MV interior paneling Reply with quote

P.S. I meant to include a link to this project thread of @Needlenoddlenoo's as well -- worth checking out IMO even if the panels aren't part of it:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651918
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iatsail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 93 Eurovan MV interior paneling Reply with quote

I definitely edited the curtains out, because they weren't related to interior paneling. But I do have the original curtain set (button snaps) and will sell them off since I'm repaneling everything else. I did a couple of searches, but haven't found any for sale online- has anyone else seen them, or know how much they typically run for?

And thanks a lot for that link! I'm stubbornly pretending I'm fine with the carpet, but that redone flooring sure is nice........
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 93 Eurovan MV interior paneling Reply with quote

I'm a fan of this https://www.lowes.com/pd/JELD-WEN-Unfinished-Textu...1000488559 which is 1/8" thick veneer used on house interior doors. Lightweight, flexible, smooth finish, stain it to a color you like, varnish it. Best of luck!
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: