Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

356 SC steel rims. Chroming process. Welding
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
malucho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: 356 SC steel rims. Chroming process. Welding Reply with quote

Does anyone know what procedures and processes must be followed to weld the interior and the rim of a wheel, so that when welding after chrome plating, they get well equilibrated as being fully usable?
Here, in Europe, there seems to be no one left who knows how to do it, so I have apparently destroyed my rims, all of them made in September 1963, ideal for my SC which was delivered January 1964, and, per the COA, it left the factory with chrome wheels.
blood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 SC steel rims. Chroming process. Welding Reply with quote

For what it’s worth I recall the Sierra Madre Collection has information on their website that they can do this for 356 cars and have done a substantial number of them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: