Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 1.8T Build
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reese303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Porsche 1.8T Build Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am currently working towards following in the footsteps of xoo00oox and building a Porshe 1.8T Boxster.

I have completed the first step; buying the vehicle (which was difficult trying to get a similar year in a decent condition, with a decent price in the Denver area).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I am currently looking at engines to do the swap. I was thinking about using the 06A block and stroke it. However, I think the safe bet would be getting an AEB 058 block, similarily like xoo00oox used, build up the bottom end and use a K04 hybrid turbo setup to get the power I am looking for (~300hp).

I hope to keep everyone in the loop of the build as I move forward!
Reese303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 1.8T Build Reply with quote

6/2/2020 Update:

The motor has finally arrived. Purchased the AEB engine from a 2000 Passat. The vehicle had 203K miles but has strong compression across the board (210 - 220 PSI)!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I took detailed photos and videos today and prepared the area for disassembly tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: