Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique...
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

This looks interesting. I can't say that changing how my vanagon shifts is a top priority but it sounds fun. Also, compared to the pages of non-delivery comments regarding the other shifter this product may be better serviced by T3.

Edit: adding a link, http://t3technique.com/drivetrain-parts/479/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It’s not glittery, it’s not flashy or gaudy. It looks stock, but it shifts like a modern car. Not just a beefed-up copy of the original design, the 025 Motorsport 711 shifter revolutionizes and modernizes the shifting experience in a T3 (Vanagon/Syncro).
Biasing the shift lever in the center like a modern car (as opposed to being biased all the way to the right as is stock for the T3), the 711 shifter fundamentally changes the way a T3 shifts. In addition to center biasing, the throw of the lever is greatly reduced for less “rowing” and more driver comfort when shifting gears. Add the incredibly solid, precise feel of the shifter in your hand and it’s truly a completely new shifting experience.
Center-biased shift lever location (like a modern car)
Much shorter lever throw (roughly 44% shorter than stock)
All new custom cast, precision machined housing
Precision steel ball/pivot assembly
New solid shift lever
Available for the Syncro, 2wd 4-speed, and 2wd 5-speed gearboxes

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).

Last edited by jimf909 on Sat May 30, 2020 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

the process of development: https://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=148333
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

I had been watching progress of that product for years i guess?
I am looking forward to hearing how people like them.
I do like that it appears to be able to hide under the stock shift boot. Looking stock is aplus for me.

Last edited by syncrodoka on Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

interesting! curious to hear some user feedback... whos gonna be the first Smile

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

These are so cool, I had been talking to Gary around Brexit time about these, supposed worries that these weren't going to happen!!
The talk of these from our brothers across the pond compare them to a cable shift experience very exact, crisp, and seats right at home in each gear.... I want one!
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Is there a link?

I'm not sure what they mean by biased to the right / center / etc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Put your stock shifter into neutral and then lift your hand off and see what the shifter does. It doesn't stay in the center.

http://t3technique.com/drivetrain-parts/479/

It's nice to see an adult step up and offer a shifter upgrade.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

http://t3technique.com/new-stuff/025-shifter/
Russpauly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

WANT. But don't can't pay that price right now. Already spent $$ with Chris on the Swaybar and Endlinks. But may pick it up when I get some caps for my CLKs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pjn_wyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Do these use the stock shifter box?
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Yes they do Wink
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Why doesn't everyone chip in $50.00 and Ill be a guinea pig and do an official test of one of these in my everyday Syncro.
I'll even check in with my weekly observations.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Damn, Stacy, your selflessness knows no bounds!! Shocked Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

I've been running one for about a year now and it's fantastic. The stock boot doesn't fit over the base, but it's so cool looking that it doesn't really bother me. I might fit a trim ring so the carpet is more finished around it though.
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

It doesn't fit under the boot? Damn, sooo close to what i wanted.
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

uberaudi wrote:
I've been running one for about a year now and it's fantastic...

What do you like about it - the short throw?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

uberaudi wrote:
I've been running one for about a year now and it's fantastic. The stock boot doesn't fit over the base, but it's so cool looking that it doesn't really bother me. I might fit a trim ring so the carpet is more finished around it though.

Pictures please!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:

It’s true that the boot doesn’t fit perfectly over the 711 shifter, but if you just slide the boot down as far as possible, it’s not too bad. I’m working on a complete solution though.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
syncrodoka wrote:

It’s true that the boot doesn’t fit perfectly over the 711 shifter, but if you just slide the boot down as far as possible, it’s not too bad. I’m working on a complete solution though.

Good to hear.
Looking forward to seeing the progress
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 025 Motorsport 711 Shifter Available at T3 technique... Reply with quote

It's great in so many ways...smooth and positive engagement, shorter throw, mechanical feel and look...what's not to love?

I should say that when I bought this van, the PO had put a carpet kit in it, so maybe the cutout around the shifter on stock carpet wouldn't have as much of a gap. Even then, a boot has no interest to me. I'm thinking a nice billet Lokar inspired carpet trim ring would look the part.
Btw, I've done nothing to it since I've installed it... this is certainly a quality piece of engineering that will outlast the van. A perfect compliment to a very mechanical vehicle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: