Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Success! I have plates and no issues!

I was told the CHP will be taking over the DMV administration.
Basically the inspection took two minutes and we stood around and talked about cars for half an hour.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

I moved from California 7 months ago. 6 months later I get a registration bill in the mail. I threw it away. 2 months later I get another one stating they will come after me for the money with a collection agency. I failed to 'notify' them that my cars are no longer there. I had to write them a letter. I fucking hate California, and am so glad I left that liberal shithole of a state. Cool

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
I moved from California 7 months ago. 6 months later I get a registration bill in the mail. I threw it away. 2 months later I get another one stating they will come after me for the money with a collection agency. I failed to 'notify' them that my cars are no longer there. I had to write them a letter. I fucking hate California, and am so glad I left that liberal shithole of a state. Cool

Same happened to my family since we moved, and one of them was in the hands of the franchise tax board. Apparently, they never receive(d) the written responses we returned to them over more than a year.

California is just pissed it’s losing revenue. We moved businesses, households, vehicles, trailers, boats, etc., out of that state; the DMV is just one part of that place that can suck it. Yippekayay, mofos!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Ulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Other states will do that too, if you don’t return your old plates.
License plates are issued to you, but they don’t belong to you.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
I’m pretty certain that some folks are glad you did too. It’s definitely not for everyone Very Happy
By the way, whatever other state you live in, if it is in the United States, is probably subsidized to some degree by the federal taxes extracted from the economy of California, estimated to be the 5th largest in the entire world. You’re welcome
Ulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

I woke up at midnight and had to walk out in the garage and look at the car, just to see it with the license plates on.

It’s like a dream now. Like all the pita paperwork issues never happened at all.

Overall everyone at the DMV and CHP were very nice. They couldn’t do what I wanted, but in the end they did what I needed.

And it couldn’t have worked out better, legally.

I will not have a salvage title, a special construction certificate, smog inspection requirements, use fees, or even a headlight test and alignment. Nobody asked to see my wipers or hear the horn. They didn’t want to hear the muffler.

Nuthin’! I just need a front plate bracket now, a few chrome nuts, and chrome plate frames and we’ll be on the road.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
Splitdog wrote:
I’m pretty certain that some folks are glad you did too. It’s definitely not for everyone Very Happy
By the way, whatever other state you live in, if it is in the United States, is probably subsidized to some degree by the federal taxes extracted from the economy of California, estimated to be the 5th largest in the entire world. You’re welcome

See, you've become rude and you don't even know it. That's California. Lol. I was born and raised there. 61 years. It has changed so much, I don't even know that 3rd world place anymore.
California is 362 BILLION in debt. Cali is also the #1 state for out-migration. Now I know why people wish they would fall into the sea. Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

If you think Jack was rude, send him his money back. He’ll be out of your life forever.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

He's already out of my life. I'll keep the money. I worked for it. Wink
After all, the govt insisted it be this way.....it's kinda nice to be on the receiving end.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker

Last edited by Splitdog on Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Not quite. California's debt is about $151B, which is the highest absolute value of all states, but 14th on a per-capita basis. So upper third, but not tops.

Not all debt is bad. Much of it is capital debt, to fund major construction projects, which helps us all (except for that damn Crazy Train to nowhere).

I am on the fence about leaving the state when I retire. What is happening here is not sustainable financially or socially.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

My property taxes were $9300 a year, and I owned the property outright, electric bill $700 a month (in the summer), + DMV exorbitant fees, etc.
A couple of things were the deciding factor for me; the vast, hopeless homeless condition everywhere, the crime, and I was able to cash out my home for a nice sum.
"Goodbye, city life, Green Acres we are there!"

Look up the amount of people leaving Cali. Don't be scared. Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:

And that mass exodus has contributed to sharp housing price spikes in numerous other areas of the country, like mine, RIGHT when I was looking for a new home. So now you've caused a way bigger problem for everyone else.
GO back and stay there!!!

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
My property taxes were $9300 a year, and I owned the property outright, electric bill $700 a month (in the summer), + DMV exorbitant fees, etc.
A couple of things were the deciding factor for me; the vast, hopeless homeless condition everywhere, the crime, and I was able to cash out my home for a nice sum.

You must have lived in a mansion for those bills. As for leaving "Cali," (you sound like you are from Ohio), good riddance. Enjoy the stinking desert of AZ. You won't be missed.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

I’m taking a left at the Y, all the way to San Frisco.

I’ll stop in El Toro to buy a lawn mower
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I’m taking a left at the Y, all the way to San Frisco.

I’ll stop in El Toro to buy a lawn mower

You can take a right at the Y and get to Frisco faster. You'll have to drive through Malfunction Junction but you'll miss all the westside LA traffic on the 405. Have fun... Cool
Ulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

If you poor bastards are from Los Angeles, or most of Southern California, then I understand why you hate the place. I used to have to go down there on business and it was awful.

The state architect’s office was practically in WATTS. Ok not quite, But if you missed your freeway exit and took the next one you should Not stop and get out of the car.

Even going to the fancy high-rise office of an architect on Wilshire Boulevard. made me happy I was driving a rental car.

The truth is that if they don’t clean up that mess on the coast before it creeps all the way to the Sierra Nevada and winds up on my front porch, I will probably be heading for parts unknown myownself.

There’s some serious tectonic activity out there by I5. They’ve had a mud geyser going for sometime that has been undermining the railroad tracks. It’s coming from deep down because surface efforts to mitigate the damage are completely ineffectual.

If it starts to spread along the edge of the fault line we could have an interesting mud river or string of steaming mud pots, between me and the coast.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

"So to those of you who like California the way it is, fine. Just dont ask those of us in other states to pay for your mistake."

For the record, CA gives FAR more back to the Feds than we receive in "benefits" from them. I've lived in the L.A. area my whole life and while I avoid downtown and South Central, the rest of the area is just fine.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Splitdog wrote:

You must have lived in a mansion for those bills. As for leaving "Cali," (you sound like you are from Ohio), good riddance. Enjoy the stinking desert of AZ. You won't be missed.

Do you think I sold a home I owned outright where the taxes are $9300 a year to move to the desert? Laughing "Good riddance"- "You won't be missed". People like you are why I left. Enjoy your ripped off SS.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I've lived in the L.A. area my whole life and while I avoid downtown and South Central, the rest of the area is just fine.

Lol. Okay already. Stay then. Laughing

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CAL DMV Horrors....Are you Waiting? Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
So now you've caused a way bigger problem for everyone else.
GO back and stay there!!!

It must be a confusing time to be a liberal.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: