Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ofer64655
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 22, 2020
G Falk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

He just tried to scam me too for lowlight ghia parts. As soon as someone texts saying " I am the samba member" I'm suspicious. Sent me a picture of a previous samba ad from 2015. Used the name Jeff, number is 424-409-5324.
'61 Samba Sold 3/27/20
'56 beetle amazon green 'vert Sold 7/19/21
'61 pacific blue ghia 'vert
'61 Turkis Standard sold 7/22
'62 sea blue ghia 'vert sold 1/21 to Ca
‘62 pacific blue survivor ghia sold to HI
'65 Velvet Single cab Sold
'66 Velvet Doublecab
‘59 cognac ghia coupe
'61 Pacific ghia 'vert 42k orig. miles
'83 Vanagon Westfalia Sold
'61 Mango walk thru Kombi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

He is NOT a Samba Member, unless you count having an account that is banned as still being a member. Evil or Very Mad
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

Is this the same guy??
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Obviously a scammer, but this one also claims to be from Houston
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

Possibly.

423-520-6914 is already listed in the scammer phone # listing here:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

Received text offer from an individual claiming to be Jeff for two Magazines I have being looking for. When I pressed him for his Samba user name, he would not provide it. Only provided an email for his PayPal account. Stated he was a Samba Vendor.

The phone number was previously mentioned in this thread: 720-710-4662. The email given was: [email protected]

Glad I checked this one out. Thanks for taking care of each other.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

Thanks, I will ban that email from here
Flat4Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this. I received 2 text messages to my cell phone from "Jeff" @ 720-710-4662. One last night and one early this morning asking if I was still looking for a sunroof Fastback. Interesting thing is he somehow got my cell number which is not in my ad or my profile.

Anyway, I'll just block that number, but thought I'd post there to let others know this scammer is still trying his game.

Regards,
Tom

MEANIRISHMOFO wrote:
The whole Patina thing has gone way too far. A beat up piece of shit does not have patina. It's a beat up piece of shit. That car is a good base for a restoration, Not a coat of wax.
tkelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Just got through dealing with this guy...glad this thread exists.
sprbxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

This guy tried to scam me today. It all ended when I asked him for a cooy of his drivers license, a copy of the title and a walk around video of the car, title and him. Crickets.
1959 Panel
1967 Vert
1959 Semaphore Ragtop
sprbxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

He also scams people on various Porsche, BMW and Mercedes websites.
1959 Panel
1967 Vert
1959 Semaphore Ragtop
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

sprbxr wrote:
He also scams people on various Porsche, BMW and Mercedes websites.

Thanks, I was sort of wondering about that...

I think when I did a search a while back on some of his phone #s and aliases, I found some boat and 4x4 vehicle ads too.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

About a year ago I started asking anyone who texts me to log in to thesamba website and use the email this advertiser button. It’s easy to copy and paste the message from one text chain to the next.
JoePolo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

He almost got me today, if he would have put in a little bit more work he would have got me for $50, but I knew something was fishy about how he was in such a rust to send me payment info. I would have wanted to see the actual frames, and also talk shipping price first. So Sorry Scammer Piece of Shit. I love how he glosses over me calling him a scammer and continues running his scam.

Jason R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

This same number just texted me in response to my “looking for a bay window single cab” add, claiming to have one available for sale.. glad I googled the number.

He’s going by John in the text I got.

Be careful out there..
rmgaiss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Recently listed an 83 Vanagon Diesel on Samba, FB Mktplace and Graiglist. Got a text from a person named Robert Hasick. Said I should consider it sold, and would send a certified check. Sounded normal enough. Then said he would send a few more $$ to cover shipping. Hmm. I checked out the area code and it was from Wisconsin [number was 920-212-9328]. I called back, and got him on the phone and got a VM. He called back, and I could tell he was not a native English speaker. Hmm. Ok, I'll wait for the check. Got a text on Monday saying the check was on it's way. I was working and wasn't paying attention. When I looked at the text later, saw it was a Houston exchange [834-974-1445]. Hmm, really? Ok, I'll play along. Lo and behold, the check arrives. It looks legit. I look at the address, and it's from a law firm in Pittsburgh, PA [K&L Gates LLC]. I google it, and the law firm comes up, and the address is legit. I look at the bank routing and check that, and the routing number is correct. The check is drawn on PNC Bank. My BS detector is going off, so I went to the local PNC Bank, and asked if the check was legit. They said no. I responded to both texts and told them f**k off]. Just wanted you all to be aware.
Joe Cole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Sounds like the same guy (or a similar scammer)

I got contacted today by a guy named "John" from "Michigan" area code checks out 906-401-5076

Magically had exactly the door i was looking for.

Red Flags:

1. Improper grammer/english in texts from a guy named "John" from Michigan.
2. His pictures did not go through over text so he emailed me "from his dad's email" [email protected]
3. When asked for additional pictures he has thus far been unwilling to send.
4. Claims to be able to do a VW bus door with shipping included for $150 from Michigan to Seattle.
5. When I tried to call him he did not answer but called back, had a thick accent.

I'm waiting for him to request payment by Western Union.....
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Thanks, I will make sure that phone # is in our scammer phone # listing here.

That email is already banned from the site so they tried to use it here in the past.
Rust2Rods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Just got the same text from Robert Hasick calling from 978-447-9162 same deal, I'll send you a check, you wait until it clears blah blah blah. In a hurry to buy, etc.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

Thank you for keeping track of this stuff. Just received text messages from a Robert Hasick 920-212-9328 offering to send a cashiers check. I searched here and found this thread. Thanks again!

1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fastfred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ofer Halimi - [email protected] - Scammer, often via Text Reply with quote

damnnn - so everytime you post a wanted ad,

those scammers are upon your sleeve or what ?

just posted a wanted ad about karmann ghia parts, and this " hello i am john and a smaba member text" pops up at my whatsapp ...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: