Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Cooler Studs
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

Working on getting my engine put back together after 3 years Mad , i'm noticing a few things that need to be corrected so I won't have to pull the engine out again for a while. One big thing is the Oil Cooler nuts won't torque up to the proper rating, I looked at the studs and the threads are all buggered up. Does anyone know the part # or a decent replacement for this or can I just go get some all thread that has the same thread pitch for the case? It's the top stud that is the offending item.

"Growing older, but not up!"
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

I think you will need to find someone with a junk case to pull one from. They aren't going to be common because they come with the case on a T4 and they have been NLA a long time on T1 doghouse engines. But you could possibly get a bolt the correct length, and cut it off.
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

Maybe you could find some in the classifieds. If not either the cut down bolt or threaded rod seem like good options. I think I would prefer the bolt. I don’t think there is much torque on the nuts so it should work out.
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

How about these:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2080115

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

And there ya go!
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

Ken at the Busco helped me out a few times when I was trying to find odds and ends in my Type 4 rebuild. It would be worthwhile at least emailing him to see if he has anything.

http://www.thebusco.com/
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

ha well that works Smile i'll get in touch with Ken as well, thanks

"Growing older, but not up!"
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Cooler Studs Reply with quote

bel metric.com

Should have them also.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: