Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel injection Blue Spring Clamps removal Tool ????
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ourv12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Fuel injection Blue Spring Clamps removal Tool ???? Reply with quote

Is there a special tool available to release the blue spring clamps on the fuel injectors and fuel lines?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
sagebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection Blue Spring Clamps removal Tool ???? Reply with quote

I always use a pair of pliers. works for me. But their is a special tool made just for this and makes it look super quick to get off. Flexible hose clamp plier, Amazon has some as low as $20.00 to $50.00 would be nice to have in the tool box.
ourv12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection Blue Spring Clamps removal Tool ???? Reply with quote

I just decided to make my own. The fuel line blue spring clamps are much more difficult to grab compared to the coolant hose clamps. I found and old pair of pliers and used my Dremel tool and ground a small "V" groove in each jaw very close to the ends and they worked like a charm to hold the small blue spring clamps open while maneuvering then away. Im happy now Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection Blue Spring Clamps removal Tool ???? Reply with quote

They clip and stay open if you use needle pliers Smile Not idéal but I don’t reuse them anyway.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: