Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

She almost looks complete
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qldelsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

LH door was fitted today - it lined up fairly easily - If you squint real hard she almost looks complete ! The RH door goes on tomorrow, and Chrome side trim is polished and ready to fit.
Waiting on a couple of relays so we can complete the electrics, and the carbs are almost ready - the original worn link rods have all been refabricated, and the oval holes all made round again, so all "slop" should hopefully be removed.
Jeez, this last bit is SO frustrating !
G

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Nice! Where is your steering wheel? Haha!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Qldelsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

I need a steering wheel as well ???????? Haven't I done enough ????? Doesn't the list ever end ????
Laughing Laughing
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

I love me my late Clemmies! Looking fine!

The last steps take forever, but patience will pay off. Lots of little niggles to address, always.

I like the rear slats... have you thought about fitting those bendy glass popouts in the rear? They can be fitted to your '70. The nut plates are probably there hidden under the C-pillar headliner. ISPwest makes new seals.

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Qldelsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I love me my late Clemmies! Looking fine!

The last steps take forever, but patience will pay off. Lots of little niggles to address, always.

I like the rear slats... have you thought about fitting those bendy glass poppets in the rear? They can be fitted to your '70. The nut plates are probably there hidden under the C-pillar headliner. ISPwest makes new seals.

"Bendy glass poppets" ????? Do you mean rear pop out windows where the glass bends ? If so, I already have them - They are just closed in the pics.

New seals not required for them. Almost were, but I lightly sanded the rough rubber back to get it smooth(er), then soaked them liberally with Auto Glym Bumper and rubber trim Gel, and they recovered well. Managed to get them all back in OK - Even those horrible little nuts that hold the window in. (Who on earth thought of THAT way of doing it ??? He must have a sick sense of humour !!)

If thats not what you meant, please tell..........
Giles
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Yeah, autocorrect fouled my post (now fixed). I didn't see the chrome button or the "hinge" covers in the seals so I presumed you didn't have them. Glad you're all set, they are cool and they are cooling.
Qldelsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Smile

vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Dancing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

I like this garage. Especially that Mini in the background!

Also the Fasty looks great Very Happy
Rwstadler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Tell me about those white walls please - I’ve been looking for a set for my fastback and those look nice.
Qldelsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: She almost looks complete Reply with quote

Rwstadler wrote:
Tell me about those white walls please - I’ve been looking for a set for my fastback and those look nice.

They are Nankang Retro RC-001 165 80 R15's. https://www.tyrepoint.com.au/tyre/NANKANG/RETRO-RC-001/185R15/NAMS3026

Nankangs are from Taiwan, and are slowly become quite respected. We carried them as spares on our Healey on last year's Peking to Paris, but never had to use them. These retro style tyres are becoming popular over here on classic cars because they have a similar design to more expensive tyres, and seem to give good life and preformance. Once I get my car on the road (hopefully in the next few days) I will be able to report on them first hand.
G
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: