Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
izzydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Vanagon Dwellers has some door panels that I like. I've emailed them several times over the last couple of months with no response.

Does anybody know if they're still around?

Last edited by izzydog on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a2wolfsburggli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagonhacks.com still around? Reply with quote

I don't think they make anything for resale. It's just a blog of what they've done.

Past: '09 CC 3.6L 4motion "R36 wannabe" | '02 Audi TT "ALMS Edition" | '84 Jetta GLI with Autotech Supercharger | '89 Helios Jetta GLI 16v's (x2) | '95.5 URS6 | and the list goes on.

Never underestimate the entertainment value of OCD overruling Common Sense
izzydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers still around? Reply with quote

My bad - I meant "Vanagon Dwellers", not vanagonhacks.

Vanagon Dwellers existed on Etsy and sold all sorts of Vanagon related stickers, etc., along with custom door panels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shadetreemech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

So, I Googled Vanagon Dwellers and got this:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VanagonDwellers

I'm just sayin'...

Dan
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Hey - I bought some stripes for my van about a month ago. They were busy but they definitely did what they said they would. I got the stripes in a reasonable time. No clue where they've gone since.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shadetreemech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Just bought a set of stripes myself. 3-4 weeks turnaround, Covid-19 etc.

On Etsy they're at VanagonDwellers.

Dan
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Did you put the stripes on yet? Haven't gotten to mine yet but hope to next week. Weren't you considering some kind of Native American pattern? I assume they are going on the Westy, not the sweet 2 tone GL.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
izzydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Thanks. Good to hear they are still doing panels.

I wrote them several times asking for a sample and they said they'd send it but I never got anything and I never heard back from them.

What are your impressions of the panels?
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

Hey Izzy. They seem to be of good quality, although I have no experience with these things. There are good directions and the pieces are cut to size for each door, panel, etc. I have not attempted to put them on yet though.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Dwellers from Etsy still around? Reply with quote

They tend to be slow to respond and shipping takes a good while, but I've bought stripes from them that I'm happy with. Keep bugging them and Candy will get back to you.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: