Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Official 1964 Bug Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

My 64
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

nreslifer wrote:
My 64

Nice!

Interesting choice of color for the steering wheel cover.

Where did you get the night mirror filter, please?

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

nreslifer wrote:
Wolfsburg West

Thank you! Very Happy

Dad wanted to make something like this, however, busy being a single Dad.

For those wanting a link, here you go. http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=ZVW85A

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Thought I’d give this a bump, post you 64 up! Very Happy
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Anyone else got a 64 to post up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

I have a pearl white 64 that I’m working on, I’ll pst pictures soon. It was built around the first week of November 1963, which was one week after they went to the bigger turn signals and license plate light. October 31st was when they made the turn signal and license plate light change. It still has all of the original parts, but everything was redone at some point, and I’m working on putting it all back to original. The glove box has a date stamp of 5 Nov 1963, it has the big cap distributor which was changed in February 1964, it has the 5 & 7 o’clock headlight adjusting screws, then they changed those to the 2 & 7 o’clock at the end of November 1963. I’m hoping to find the small missing pieces to finish it, but I did find a good source for the red cord material for the seats. I’ll keep checking back and add more info to this thread as I think about it.

Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

When I was in my early teens my parents had a 64 Ruby Red bug that they bought used in late 1965. I have always had a soft spot of the 64s especially, Ruby Red 64s, when I was searching for my latest bug I searched high and low for a 64 but ended up with a 67. A 64 is still on my radar, of course in Ruby Red. Great thread ,thanks.
bugn24-7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

This is my 64 VW. It has a build date of 8 August 1964. It was OG Ruby red but PO repainted it. I hope to return it to OG someday. I assume from the US stamp that it was made for export. The engine is a period correct 1200, 40 HP. it is a few months later than the build date of the car. I assumed it must have been installed at a later date.
It has a lot of 63 items installed. This is a interesting page. I like reading about all the changes during this year.
Here are a few pics.

Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Cool to see an early 64! So is the passenger side door non-locking from the outside?
bugn24-7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Yes, it has no key lock on the handle. I also noticed I can’t push the drivers side inside handle forward to lock it from the inside either. The passenger side will go forward. Don’t know if that is correct or not. I took door card off and can’t see anything binding. Just don’t know LOL
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

I think it’s supposed to go forward, long time since I had my 64 together but likely the mechanism needs to be lubed up
Thecat356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Here some pictures of my all original 1964 Bahama Blu interior.

MANNAXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

I no longer have the car, but I thought I'd post it up anyway.

I bought it in the summer of 1986 for $1200. I have no idea when it was built. It had an aftermarket Britax ragtop sunroof and uncut dash. I lowered it and installed a GEX 1641 with dual 36mm Dellortos and dual quiet pack exhaust. I owned the car for about 3 years.

As bought

Lowered

Stauffenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Here is my Dec 63 I picked up earlier this year that ive slowly stripped off the crappy respray and latex house paint to a very nice original Bahama Blue but im very jealous of yours Thecat356
Unfortunately the drivers side fender and hood were replaced and the passenger door had a large chunk taken out of the frame but otherwise the body is original.
If anyone has a drivers side water blue door panel id love to buy it from you!

bugn24-7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Stauffenberg, What is your process of stripping the paint? I have thought of doing it to see if I can get back to the Ruby Red on my 64. Anyone else have good results with this?
Thecat356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Dear Stauffenberg, don't be jealous as I'm not able to do what you do. That's the reason why I'm only looking for well preserved most original cars as possible? It's not always easy for my budget. Had the chance to find this 64 in Italy few months ago, I'm living in France, so please excuse my English.
Here is a picture of me on my first day with my first 1966 bug and 33 years later with my 1964. The car is in very nice original condition, probably been resprayed during her life, other Than that, untouched (see picture of heater channel and the corner of the windshield).

bugn24-7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Love all the interior shots. My 64 was OG Ruby Red and the PO painted it blue and white with black interior. Would love to see some someRuby Red interior closeups of seat.doorcards, and head liners. I am want to restore mine back to the OG colors. Am I correct thinking these colors were gray and off white?
Thanks for any help
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Thecat356, that is a beautiful beetle! Is all the interior still original? Very well preserved original!

Stauffenberg, that paint is cleaning up nice! How are the rear interior panels, I think you bought the water blue ones I had. Sadly I the car I got it from, the fronts were destroyed
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Official 1964 bug registry Reply with quote

Some beautiful examples of 64s in this thread. My parents had a Ruby Red 64 when I was in my early teens I was looking for a 64 for my next project but got excited and pulled the trigger on a 67....but still looking for one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: