Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Luggage Strap Location in Rear Seat
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleGoat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Luggage Strap Location in Rear Seat Reply with quote

Hello,

My car (1961 Roadster) had some new floorpans welded in (not exactly sure what was new vs. old... and it appears my luggage tie-down holes on the lower side (in front of the rear "seat" area) are now missing. The UPPER holes are still there on the rear firewall, but the LOWER ones are the ones I'm talking about...

Does anyone have a measurement for the spacing/position of the holes? I have the brackets, so if I can locate one hole, I can use the bracket to dial in the other. I currently have no carpet, so now is the time to drill holes here. I can easily measure from the top metal lip (no carpet, remember - that would add thickness).

Anyway if anyone can measure anything or provide a picture that would help.

Thank you,

Brian
ensys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Luggage Strap Location in Rear Seat Reply with quote

Perhaps someone better versed than I can also advise you to the type of weld nut used by the Factory.

I guess the best bet would be to go with those on the rear bulkhead.

S.J.Szabo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: