Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jokon Semaphore Replacements
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could share. Mine work OK but the indicator light on the speedo doesn't come on.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

Have you tried with a regular bulb in the Jokon?

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

TinCanFab wrote:
Have you tried with a regular bulb in the Jokon?

I did think that might be the issue but it wasn't.

There is a power wire and an earth back to the speedo. If I earth the earth wire to the body the light comes on. But I can't figure out the circuit which should only earth when the indicator is on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

You want it to flash? Or is that an LED flasher bulb?
Typically you run the circuit through a blinker relay. When you move the switch it completes the circuit (through the flasher) the bulb is always grounded (since the circuit is closed via the switch) and it will flash.
If that bulb is a flasher then forget the blinker relay.

There are a million variations on this depending on hardware, but that's where you start.

If it's just the light in the speedo you want to get working, it probably has to ground through the flasher. Remember that the lower speedo lights have the housing live from the ignition switch (and the bulbs ground at the oil pressure and regulator to light up )And it may not work since that bulb outside is an LED. I got mine to work by adding a wire from each semaphore circuit to the speedo bulb- but put a diode in each wire. The diode keeps the circuits separate/ so current doesn't go back to the other side.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

Thanks Bub!
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

Still looking for a copy of the original paper instructions which came with the Jokon's
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Jokon Semaphore Replacements Reply with quote

… don't want my Jokons to blink - just connected as the semaphores were - real easy...

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: